Why is there no support on the new Mac computers?

• agree it sucks and not that great. WTF are guitar players buying these crappy overpriced Kemper amp modelers? Tube amps still rule.

To my understanding it’s not exactly a modeler since it doesn’t digitally model the components and signal flow of analog amps. It makes a profile of an existing amp/cab setup (in a room!) with the amp’s current settings, which means a profile captures one specific sound. Therefore it will only sound as good as you set up your real amp for capturing.

Did you try making profiles of your own amps?

Tube amps are lovely, except for the massive weight and maintenance costs.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ozon ()

• https://www.linkedin.com/in/christoph-kemper-a73090254/

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• To my understanding it’s not exactly a modeler since it doesn’t digitally model the components and signal flow of analog amps. It makes a profile of an existing amp/cab setup (in a room!) with the amp’s current settings, which means a profile captures one specific sound. Therefore it will only sound as good as you set up your real amp for capturing.

Did you try making profiles of your own amps?

Tube amps are lovely, except for the massive weight and maintenance costs.

no because I don’t own the stupid Kemper amp profiler nor do I ever plan to buy one especially considering the way they don’t support their hardware very well for new computer operating systems. I record my amps at home and use the tracks in my DAW or sampler. I do have an HX stomp for travel and Line 6 updates their hardware on a regular basis.

• I'd been looking forward to diving back into the software end of my Virus, because a lot of much-touted features are, in practice, unusable without the VST. The VST is pictured repeatedly on the site. It looks like "TI" Total Integration is currently simply untrue, and that the website is describing the synth in a way that is entirely false.

This is an exceptional synth, but it's main advertised feature, reflected in its name, no longer exists, apparently. One more voice of a customer needing help, asking to be heard. I am ringing the bell on the counter - DING! DING! DING! Is there anybody here?

OQ

• Hi,

I am new here. Yesterday I bought a Virus TI2 Desktop for about 1300 €.

Since 25 years it is my dream, to own a Virus by myself. Now it is the time!

Yesterday I try to install the software on my m1 mac. Shit, some problems. After a while of try change apple system settings I realized that my m1 is not supportet.

Now I read offers in my region about mac from 2012, may be it is a way to have a hundred years old mac with mojave, there install the control center and synchronize it with the rest of my little studio.

I cannot believe, that new Macs are not supportet. This product will actually sell at Thomann for 1769 € . Ah! Now I read there that Os 10.14 is only supportet. I remember reading it before, but didn't pay attention to it because I didn't think it was possible for such a synth to be supported only until mojave. Why there also not "mojave" I would have read it, would have continued... wait a minute, again... Mo j a VE? Really? This is a … how man years? thousand! old system from Apple. I am supposed to be tortured.

• Yes, a lot of topic to shout that it can't work on M1. Hence the plugin from AURA (I use it every day on Ventura). As you say, I always have on hand a Macbook in Captain, to crush only the ROMs of the TI (because for the RAMs it's AURA)

• Now I read offers in my region about mac from 2012,

A 2018 Mac Mini which was still sold by Apple until 2022 does work pretty well as a music production system.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Hello,
    When I try to access the purchase page, my antivirus - AVAST - sends me this!

"Whew! We just saved you from an infected website.

Infected URL: https://auraplugins.com/product/access-virus-editor/

Threat: URL Blacklist

This URL contains malicious code that can harm your computer.

If you want to take the risk, you can disable your Internet Module to continue browsing.

But we recommend staying away from this site."

This is not good!

Also the results in https://www.virustotal.com/

2 security vendors flagged this URL as malicious
    BitDefenderMalware

G-DataMalware

F*

• at this rate my next synth gear purchase will not be by anything from kemper access music lol. i think they are dead as a company in terms of future products.

Funnily enough, Kemper halved prices on the KPA this month after realizing they had real competition from Neural DSP’s quad cortex and the TONEX Profiler pedal, both of which are cheaper options.

Meanwhile they’re still re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic with a few new features.

I even DM’d Kemper himself on Insta, no response of course.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• Funnily enough, Kemper halved prices on the KPA this month after realizing they had real competition from Neural DSP’s quad cortex and the TONEX Profiler pedal, both of which are cheaper options.

Meanwhile they’re still re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic with a few new features.

I even DM’d Kemper himself on Insta, no response of course.

Instead of DM you should comment on their Kemper Instagram account. This way, Kemper users will become aware of how Kemper/Access really treats their customers. As a guitar player and someone working in the audio industry, I have noticed that guitarists are completely unaware of this issue when I discuss it with them.

• Also the results in https://www.virustotal.com/

2 security vendors flagged this URL as malicious
    BitDefenderMalware

G-DataMalware

F*

It's getting worse:

3 security vendors flagged this URL as malicious

ADMINUSLabs

BitDefender

G-Data

And for https://auraplugins.com/

5 security vendors flagged this URL as malicious

ADMINUSLabs

BitDefender

CRDF

CyRadar

G-Data

Definitely doesn't seem like a good idea to download software from or send your CC details to AURA Plugins.