• (Oop! Been posting but just noticed this subforum!)

Hi. My name is Roger, and I'm from Baltimore, Maryland. I am classically trained (piano, 10+ years) and I started doing electronic music about 6 years ago with Ableton, Reason, a Machinedrum and a Monomachine (both of which I no longer own). Most of my gear has revolved around Elektron, but in recent years I started branching out. My current setup revolves around Ableton, Octatrack, Digitakt, and a Virus TI Keyboard that I acquired a couple weeks ago and have enjoyed learning. Despite all its quirks it's proving to be everything I hoped for in consolidating things, leveling up my sound and giving me the confidence to do the kind of live electronic music that I've been imagining since I started. I vastly prefer working with hardware over plugins, but I recognize their usefulness in post-recording stages.

My favorite artists include Karin Dreijer-Anderson and her brother Olof, Thom Yorke, Bjorke, ionnalee/iamamiwhoami, Orbital, Martytn, Luke Vibert, and a Colombian duo called Mitu. I like melding electronic with afro-latin influences and though I like to genre-hopa lot I put my stuff under the umbrella of Techno.

I have put out a cover EP and a few singles. I also used to perform but haven't done it in a couple years. My passion is to express myself through music and have transcendent experiences. I also do sound design and sell packs.

Here are my other pieces of gear: Make Noise 0-Coast, Nord Drum 3P, Arturia Drumbrute Impact, Nord Lead 3, Korg NS5R, E-MU ESI-2000, and Model:Cycles.

Cheers! :)

https://linktr.ee/topicalfruitsalad