Virus Ti .... Errors and cracking sounds

• Hello Everyone.

Since the time i got the Virus a year ago i am getting these errors for whichever sound i use.

When i load a patch and when it plays, it starts going haywire and goes out of sync and i get cracking sounds. At the bottom of the Virus Control it shows up in red color as ERROR and asks me to play again. Even while doing so, it doesnt help. I then have to click the LIVE button on the bottom left hand side, and then play it. But while doing so there is small time lag as the patch plays a second later and as a result its not properly synced. And to make it proper i have to bounce it to audio and then make the necessary changes in the sequencer. This is quite frustrating and a bit time consuming.

I have tried all ways to rectify this. Installng and Reinstalling the drivers, updating the latest editions of the OS, but none of this seem to work and i am now clueless as to what the issue is. Is it the hardware itself?

I am currently running, Cubase 4 and a M-audio Audiophile Usb soundcard.

any help will be highly appreciated!!

Thanks!

• I'm having the same crackling and out-of-sync issues you described. I'm using a TI1 in Logic 9. It started after I updated to Logic 9.1, although its happening in other DAW's leads me to believe it's a Virus issue.

Anyone?

• Update: Found the problem, at least for Logic.
    For Logic, under Preferences -> Audio, there's two buffers: I/O Buffer, and Process Buffer Range. Process Buffer Range had been set to Large (due to some non-Virus related troubleshooting), and setting it back to Small fixed the out of sync and crackling noise issues.
    I'll admit to a bit of egg on my face, since setting the process buffer range to small is in step 1 of the "How to Use your Virus TI with Logic" tutorial.
    Hopefully Cubase has something similar.

• When i load a patch and when it plays, it starts going haywire and goes out of sync and i get cracking sounds. At the bottom of the Virus Control it shows up in red color as ERROR and asks me to play again. Even while doing so, it doesnt help. I then have to click the LIVE button on the bottom left hand side, and then play it. But while doing so there is small time lag as the patch plays a second later and as a result its not properly synced. And to make it proper i have to bounce it to audio and then make the necessary changes in the sequencer. This is quite frustrating and a bit time consuming.

that might be a USB transmission issue. contact access support by email, they might be able to help you troubleshoot your system.

best, marc

• Update: Found the problem, at least for Logic.
    For Logic, under Preferences -> Audio, there's two buffers: I/O Buffer, and Process Buffer Range. Process Buffer Range had been set to Large (due to some non-Virus related troubleshooting), and setting it back to Small fixed the out of sync and crackling noise issues.
    I'll admit to a bit of egg on my face, since setting the process buffer range to small is in step 1 of the "How to Use your Virus TI with Logic" tutorial.
    Hopefully Cubase has something similar.

Cubase uses the buffer size of the audio card to render the plugin. Logic does use a multiple of the audio buffer size as process range.

-timo

• I' m having the same on Ableton live 8.1
    When rendering there is a small decay but i replace it in the wav
    I think it's normal for that
    I thought it was normal
    Is It or Not ???
    About the the crack and this red message
    For my part i have to switch on the Virus before my soundcard because if not the Usb make my sound card drivers fall i have this prob from the begining

• that might be a USB transmission issue. contact access support by email, they might be able to help you troubleshoot your system.

best, marc

Thanks MArc.

I'll shoot a mail to them. Anybody else with more suggestions is always welcome.. At least i know im not the only one :)

Need to fix this asap

• Hey man....

Im running cubase 5 on windows 7 64 bit, and using a Virus ti desktop. I had the same problems with crackling noise on every sound played on virus! Also suddently out of synch.....

- I tryed everything out Untill i red a tread about usb fail! In my case, my virus seems to make conflict with other things like soundcard, keyboard etc.

After a crash, my virus went out of synch, and the crackling noise shows up in every sounds....

I reinstalled OS to 5.0 beta version, and still same problem!

So after many hours spend, I re instaled my soundcard driver and find out, this proplem not shows up, if i turned on all my connected devices in a specific way!

SO THIS HELPED ME :

- I re instaled my soundcard driver

- Turn off all connected devices ( Soundcard, keyboard, Virus )

- Restart windows, and keep all equipment turned off

- When windows is open, i start turning on my sondcard, and keybord...

- Then open cubase, and finaly connect my virus

NOW NO SYNCH ERROR OR ANY CRACKLING NOISE :thumbup:

In some way my virus only running perfectly if all instructions followed, so try it out !

Peace

• Alright, so i have new problem now.

Same setup... Changed to Windows 7 and a new computer .. Hp Omni (sort of an imac clone).
    The virus cant even give me a decent sound. From the very first second, its only noises cracks and pops.

Mailed Access support and they say its a usb hub issue, which could be, coz i tried it on the other comp, running Vista , and its fine.
    So i get a new usb hub, a pretty good Belkin one (powered).... set it up on it... Still same problem!
    Mailed them back ,and they suggested me to get one PARTICULAR USb hub, coz it has a multi chip/set trnslation something. Problem is, it aint available here.
    Next screw up... Cant order it online, coz it only ships to the US ...

Now it is really annoying that i tried every single thing possible, and i cant come up with a solution to fix this. Removed every single thing using the various Usb slots and installed jsut the virus and i tried, and its stil the very same problem.

I really really dont know what to do now... and i cant use the virus.... PLEASE PLEASE... somebody .. help me!!

Thank u

• Are you using USB3 or USB2 ports? I'd suggest trying USB2 if you have them on your computer.
    Try to see if there are any driver updates for you computer model, especially CPU, motherboard and USB.
    Start the device manager (enter device manager in the start menu search box), and select View->Devices by connection. Expand the components from ACPI down through PCI until you reach the USB hubs, and see if the Virus has any neighbours on its root hub. Try to rearrange your USB connections so that the Virus will get its hub's undivided attention.
    Good luck.