Ableton - Lost Virus Control Patch Definitions Switching from VST2 to VST3 - Is there a VST2 Virus TI for Windows 10?

• Edit: I switched from Mac to Windows. All of my old projects used Virus TI VST2. Now when I open the project file, the Virus TI Ableton device is unavailable because it is specified as VST2. Is there a Virus TI VST 2 available for Windows 10? I believe it would accomplish what I am seeking.

Edited OP for unnecessary information. Essentially, my old ableton projects use Virus TI VST2. Now on Windows 10, I only have Virus TI VST3. This means that the VST2 ableton device is unavailable, and thus I lost patch definitions for Virus Control in those projects. Because I can no longer open Virus TI in a VST2 context. Unsurprisingly, if I use the VST3 plugin, all patches are INIT. I still have the midi data in the Virus midi tracks but I lost all the good sounds I made specific to these tracks.

Is there any way to find these old patch definitions? Is there any way to use a VST2 Virus Ti for Windows 10? Anyone have a download link for Virus TI.vst2 ?

• Normally the AURA VIRUS vst displays the TI in VST2. download it to test. I can't help anymore, I'm on Mac lol

https://auraplugins.com/product/access-virus-editor/

That isn’t helpful at all!

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Is there any way to find these old patch definitions? Is there any way to use a VST2 Virus Ti for Windows 10? Anyone have a download link for Virus TI.vst2 ?

Are you sure the VST2 is not included in the standard installer for the latest Virus TI version 5.1.7.00? Maybe it was just installed in a location unkown to Ableton Live?

However, what I know from Cubase is that the plugin for MacOS and Windows are not named identically. Therefore the plugin cannot be loaded when a project is moved between platforms. There is a Cubase Cross Platform Converter provided on the Virus website as a workaround. Maybe there’s something similar for Ableton Live.

I would expect that you have to go back to your old Mac, load your Live Projects there and save your sounds as presets into TI library files for each Project. It’s a bit of a PITA but it allows to load all your sounds even if you have to load a fresh instance of the TI plugin.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Are you sure the VST2 is not included in the standard installer for the latest Virus TI version 5.1.7.00? Maybe it was just installed in a location unkown to Ableton Live?

However, what I know from Cubase is that the plugin for MacOS and Windows are not named identically. Therefore the plugin cannot be loaded when a project is moved between platforms. There is a Cubase Cross Platform Converter provided on the Virus website as a workaround. Maybe there’s something similar for Ableton Live.

I would expect that you have to go back to your old Mac, load your Live Projects there and save your sounds as presets into TI library files for each Project. It’s a bit of a PITA but it allows to load all your sounds even if you have to load a fresh instance of the TI plugin.

If I had access to the old Mac, I wouldn't have bothered you guys with this question. Unfortunately, it is gone and so are my backup drives.

Good inclination about the VST2 being installed somewhere, but I installed latest Virus TI resources, and VST2 is nowhere to be found on my Windows system.

I suppose I'll just re-invent these old tracks (not too bad of a project). I'll keep the old tracks in case I ever get another refurbished Macbook that happens to run the Virus TI VST2. That would be a nice surprise. Anyway, cheers.

• How many projects are you talking about?

• How many projects are you talking about?

25 or so in various stages of completion. A few were bangers for sure. But again, recreating them won't be too difficult. Just a chore. I even have them all bounced to audio so I have a reference to listen to. Lessons learned, should have just named my DAW tracks corresponding to my Virus patches.