How to record individual parts in multi timbral mode from Virus TI2 to Logic X?

• Hi all,

Can you record each part of the Virus Ti2 in multi-timbral mode to separate audio and MIDI tracks in a DAW such as Logic X and Ableton Live 11? If so, how would I set this up? I'd love to record drum and bass tracks from Virus TI2 to individual tracks in my DAW. So let us say I have the following

Part 1- kick

Part 2- clap

part 3- snare

part 4- hi hat

part 5- bass

part 6- pad

I have multi-timbral mode working on the Virus TI2 and want to record these individual tracks out to Logic X and have the Aura MI plugin software working fine in Logic X and audio levels on Virus.

BUT when I record in Logic X, all 16 parts of the Virus TI2 are recorded to the audio tracks! How do I solve this? If there is a template example or video how to split the parts on the Virus to individual audio and MIDI tracks that would be greatly appreciated.

• You would need a separate (analogue or digital) output for each sound. I never tried that, so I don’t know whether you could use 6 outputs (3 digital and 3 analogue) at the same time.

I always record each part of each track individually, for two reasons:

• When playing multiple sounds, note stealing, sloppy timing or sound degradation will occur. Once you know your Virus sounds good enough, you’ll hear it.
    • If timing issues arise, only one part of one track is ruined and has to be redone.

Hope this helps.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I’m going to try a few options and I have a 12 channel Zoom L12 mixer recorder that can also be an audio interface. I tried with USB and Aura plugin but that didn’t work out well. Ideally would like to use the Aura plugin with an audio interface to get best results. Worst case, I can record parts separately. I’m using Ableton Live 11 as my DAW so it’s pretty easy to do one at a time.