Even channels (2,4,6,8...) not working (black note display)

• Hello !

I'm running on Virus TI2 + macbook pro M1 + access virus editor

Since the last update from aura plugins, I cannot play on the 2,4,6,8... channels, only 1,3,5,7... are working
    For those that are working, a note is displayed on the screen (white color), and when it does not work, the note is black.

The virus is reacting to the midi signal but nothing going out... Do you have any idea about the black note meaning please ?

info: access virus editor is working on the multi mode, and in the manual it explains that i have to user the 16th global channel. This issue seems linked to this but I can find the solution...

Thanks !

• The TI2 has two DSPs, one handling the odd MIDI channels and the other handling the even ones. What you write suggests that the second DSP isn't working.

With that, I'd like you to forego the aura plugin and test what happens when you send MIDI notes to channel 2 in multi or sequencer mode. Do they sound?

Also, does the demo play and sound correctly when you press the two buttons for it?

• Maybe this helps

Help! Controlling Snow from MC 303– set midi channel?

Quarter Note (black) = Received event on matching MIDI channel.

Half Note (white) = MIDI on non matching channel.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• There is an undocumented issue of the even channels - only uneven channel numbers are transporting arpeggiator midi data. I received it from the Access team, as I found out that I could not record sequencer (arp) data.

I have changed all to this: static leads and pads on even channels and arp data on uneven ones. Having said this, I am not sure whether this helps you with your problem.