Salvaging Virus Snow custom banks by transferring to Virus TI2 desktop using the Access Virus editor software

• Your only solution is to ask a person who has the SNOW + AURA, to do this conversion (from .backup to .mid)
    and then, these .mid will load them one by one in AURA whith the M1
    NOTE: I always use AURA to save (and repatriate) my BANKS (all in .mid) It's like on the patch sites, they sell them in .mid
    In fact I no longer do .backup (of Control virus) only if I want to burn some of the ROMs of my sounds and

for this I charge .mid (build by fAURA) It's possible

• Your only solution is to ask a person who has the SNOW + AURA, to do this conversion (from .backup to .mid)

No need for Aura at all. Anybody with a Snow and working VC or any sort of software that can record a MIDI dump (SysEx Librarian) could create files which can be loaded to a TI2.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I've tried both using a sysex dump/librarian and using the VC software. Both units show transmitting and receiving but after it's over the same patch in ram bank 1 is still there, nothing has changed. I've tried the Access control center but can't seem to store the banks from the Snow as .mid in order to load them into the TI2 desktop. I've been at this for 2 days and am about to reformat my hard drive (extreme). I do a "save entire bank' in the VControl software but no files appear on the drive or in the menu. These banks are very important to me and I've invested a lot of time creating them years ago when I did. Thank you for any assistance.

• Finally got it worked out, mix and match of procedures, vodoo and witchcraft. Thank you to those that reached back to help me.

How did you get it to work? Was the TI2 memory protected somehow?

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I kind of did it half/half. I used Snoise and got banks 1+ 2 in via sysex. Couldn't get any other banks in after that. Then connected them directly to eachother and did dumps direct from snow to TI2 with both units ID set to 2 (I tried 1 and omni for hours and for some reason couldn't get it to take.

• I kind of did it half/half. I used Snoise and got banks 1+ 2 in via sysex. Couldn't get any other banks in after that. Then connected them directly to eachother and did dumps direct from snow to TI2 with both units ID set to 2 (I tried 1 and omni for hours and for some reason couldn't get it to take.

Thank you for sharing your experience, which might help someone in the future.

• In the Virus Control Plugin, you can create a new library file like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-16 um 13.27.55.png

Which then triggers the standard macOS save as dialog.

• You have to create one first!

• For each Part in the VC plugin, there’s are two buttons labeled Load and Save. Click Save an the menu in my screenshot appears.

• ok thank you.

Did you get it to work?