Struggling to login

• I went to the downloads page to download the latest beta and had to login there with my user account but for some reason that unlogged me in for the forum. So now at the top of the forum I'm clicking on the login link but it takes me to the main Access page where I'm already logged in, then when I come back to the forum I'm not - it's an endless loop.

Logging in at the moment from a different browser which luckily still had my login enabled properly but I'm stumped as to what else I can do with my main browser (Chrome)

• I also had trouble logging in and getting bounced back and forth between the forum site and the main site.

Mac OS X 10.6 with Safari 4.0.4.

JavaScript already enabled.

I temporarily changed the cookies setting from:

Accept cookies: Only from sites I visit

to:

Accept cookies: Always

and was able to log in, then change the setting back. This seems to be due to the way the login page is referred to from the "Login" link here.

While this worked for me, it was only after a lot of trouble and then finally seeing this post from Volker indicating the cookie issue.

I'd imagine most people will just give up and go away without gaining access. This is a legitimate coding bug that should be fixed. I deal with dozens of forum sites and never came across this issue. Don't think I've ever touched the Cookies setting in Safari, ever, until now. :thumbdown:

Also, the username is unclear. It appears that my username is just "blairwillis" but when logging in that caused an error, and I needed to enter my full email address which happens to be blairwillis@ (the domain). I thought at first it was a password issue, and went through the whole password reset/email thing, but it was the username that was the problem.

The forum is good... but with these simple access problems you will be turning away otherwise interested people from actually using them.

• Just been having the same problem again. It's nothing to do with javascript or cookies - both are enabled. Also I used 3 different browsers (even IE). The problem was resolved by changing my password on the main site but it's a real pain.