USB connected - Permanent Seq mode?

• Still figuring out my way around the Virus TI 2 and wondering about this scenario.

I prefer to have my outboard gear connected via USB to my computer whenever possible though some devices are not as flexible as I would like when connected. This is just for convenience for things like changing setting on devices usually but also if there are plugins like with the TI, that is handier than always navigating the menus on the device. I also like to jam without my DAW too.

The trouble is, when I am just jamming without my DAW and my Virus is plugged in to USB, it still thinks it is in TI mode (what seems to be SEQ mode) and I can’t work in Multi mode. I would rather not unplug the USB to work in Multi.

Anyone faced this stuff and have suggestions? I was even looking for a USB hub or cable that could turn off the data connection but so far nothing short of making my own.

cheers

• You should be able to change mode with USB plugged in. The TI goes into SEQ mode automatically when controlled by the VC plugin, and automatically exits SEQ mode when the VC plugin is shut down.

However, it always switches MIDI local off when connected to USB.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+