PROBLEM SYNC WHIT VIRUS TI POLAR AND LOGIC 8/ 9

• hi guys!!!!

i have serious problem whit sync of virusTI polar when use Logic 8 and whit Logic 9 have the same problem!!!!!! i wrong something???? when it go in desync, i need to stop logic , wait 2..3 second and restart logic ...and it work (sometimes)

pleaseeee helppp!!!!!!!

someone have the same problem?? :cursing:

• I have the same problem....

But, I also had the same problem with Logic 8....

This stated happening more with OS 3.0

I have OS 3.1

The only time I have any luck is with the USB cable unplugged.....

Please help, I am really not liking my TI Virus control very much....

• guys, try the new public beta. the bug i'm talking about is fixed.

best, marc

Hi Marc

I am having same problem as above . complex chords are out of sync in various projects that worked fine with older software version

I am on power mac intel 3ghz quad
    5 gb ram
    osx 10.4.11

motu 828 firewire
    xsess key logic 7 upgaded to 8 (xsess usb key plugged in)
    and TI Polar 1

i use no usb hubs everything is straight into mac ..tried switching the usb firewires round still same

what helped slightly setting process buffer range to large (wont even play on small), and increasing I/0 buffer size . but this is still far from perfect.

also after long use i get a logic message

system overload.
    The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time (-10011)

all started happening since i installed software version 3

and the latest beta doesn't help either ..
    all i get is "a sync error has occurred, press stop and play to clear"

got a few projects i need to finish using polar, now this is becoming a pain.

regards
    vas floyd

• I"m getting sync issues in Logic 9.01, OSX 10.6.1 with VC 3.3 too. It's fine initially, but after about 30 minutes of use patches using an Arp or BPM delay are massively out of sync. Starting and stopping Logic does not fix it, I have to close VC and relaunch it and then things will be ok. I had a machinedrum running in sync at the same time, connected by a TM-1 interface, and it was perfectly in sync at the same time the Virus was not.

MBP 2.16, 3GB RAM.

• vas,

that's not the same problem. in fact, this problem i don't have and it is not on the list of known issues. setting the buffer range to small is wrong. if it doesn't work with small, you need to trouble shoot your system. it cannot work correctly like you set it up.

best, marc

Hi Marc

i believe there's a misunderstanding. I do set the buffer on large of cause but still the chord playback is lagging behind. and it all happned after i installed 3 version of software...i have opened all my old projects and my polar can't keep up with the song playback . all notes programmed notes are delayed .sometimes it even messes up the sustain of the note ... cz its so overloaded some notes keep sustained even though they shouldnt .. it just feel like new softare has go too much happening that the device or usb cant handle it ...

i really like my polar and its a shame i am not able to use it anymore cz its never in sync . it displays that red message asking to stop and play again ....

in fact my other firend has the same issue .. you guys need to replicate that and solve asap ..

• I'd be happy to send one Marc, but not sure how much help it would be as it's more or less blank. I have Logic feeding midi clock to my Machinedrum, and the Virus Control plug in open just for tweaking some parameters as I create new presets on the Polar. Other than the Software instrument track, the project is blank though. When the sync goes on the TI, it's VERY obvious though, I'm not talking a little jitter or slop here, but 10's of BPM's difference in timing. Happy to send you a project if you still want though.

• this is really bocoming a problem for me .... i have remix deadlines and i cant use polar due to this 3 release and you guys dont even have an older version of the software ...

kindly provide the download link for the older version of the software ...

• Hi Marc

magically as i was fiddling with I/0 buffer size the problem disappeared , i have had on 1024 which was causing the delay , now i have set that on 64 and the notes dont lag anymore... although my cpu load has risen which i have pleanty of head room anyway...i have also removed all possible usb connections and now everything is in syc lets keep our fingers crossed it stays that way.

thanks for your help.

Kind regards
    vas floyd

• I'm also having major issues with the delay losing sync and spewing out notes. My I/O buffer is at 128 and buffer size set to small. I've tried higher settings of both but same issue. I've had this issue with L8 also. I've tried v 3.1 and v3.2. No change.

• guys,

i believe that what the original poster wrote and what i've commented on later is a very specific issue which has been addressed. sync problems can come from various sources and 99% can be fixed by reading up on how to setup the system and get some help from access support.

just because you have a sync issue, it doesn't mean that you all have the same issue. just because there are multiple responses, it doesn't mean that there is a general "massive" problem which needs to be "addressed asap".

best, marc

• My Ti Snows Arps and anything rythmical are so out of time and it will suddenly go out of tune and i have to restart unit. i've had it since its release and it gets worse with every update. i have tried all buffer sizes, updates, logic updates.... i have to bounce everything as audio which defeates the object of TI. i feel the USB just cant cope with what the synth asks of it. i've read so many posts with people with same issues. i use logic 9 now on a quad core mac pro 6gb ram with no usb hub. VIRUS TI (TOTALLY UNINTERGRATABLE FOR ME) shame cos it's a nice idea maybe firewire would have been more stable?