PROBLEM SYNC WHIT VIRUS TI POLAR AND LOGIC 8/ 9

• hi marc

i have same problem like th other with virus TI last version with last update on logic 8,02 on MACOX10,4,11, powerpc quad 2,5ghz , the virus loose completely the sync , have to reset midi & turn off & on & sometime it work , sometime i have to reboot twice , my virus is completely new since 2 months & it s a real disaster to work like this

can you help me , please ?

thanks

• Hi,

I have just had the same system overload message come up in Logic that Vas Floyd has experienced, First time I have ever seen it though.

The project it occurred in is not all that complex, just midi, no audio.

Am running latest VC version on MAC Pro 10Gb RAM via Motu 828 MK3.
    Kind Regards.

• i cannot go into specifics but there are things in logic 9 which apple have changed for us. i just want to mention that because this thread talks about many things at the same time - logic 8 and 9 are not the same, in many ways. please test something for me: use the latest version (4.0.5.01) and when you're in a situation where things are out of sync, double click on stop (so the sequencer stops and also rewinds back) and wait for 3 seconds. does this make any change to the situation for you?

just for the record: this thread was back from november 2009, we've looked into the situation quit extensively since then and especially since OS4, there are loads of enhancements in regards to syncing.

best, marc

• i cannot go into specifics but there are things in logic 9 which apple have changed for us. i just want to mention that because this thread talks about many things at the same time - logic 8 and 9 are not the same, in many ways. please test something for me: use the latest version (4.0.5.01) and when you're in a situation where things are out of sync, double click on stop (so the sequencer stops and also rewinds back) and wait for 3 seconds. does this make any change to the situation for you?

just for the record: this thread was back from november 2009, we've looked into the situation quit extensively since then and especially since OS4, there are loads of enhancements in regards to syncing.

best, marc

Hi Marc,

I bought the TI Desktop 2 weeks ago and am using Logic 8 with a Macpro 2.66Ghz, Mac OSX 10.5.8. Settings as per the tutorial/pdf provided on the website.

Using the latest Os version 4.0.5.01 and out of sync happens frequently even after stopping the sequncer and then play back within 3-5 seconds. Sometimes it works fine stopping the sequencer and resume playback but out of sync happens after a few minutes or so. Also when out of sync happens, it will generate gibberish random/stuck/hang notes or completely not generating any sound at all while the meter is moving. The only way is to close the project and reopen it again.

Hopefully, we can solve this issue soon.

Cheers

Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 28GB Ram, 4 TB Hard Drive, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, 7GB Ram, 2 TB Hard Drive
    Logic Pro X 10.2, OSX Yosemite, Motu Ultralite,
    Access Virus TI Desktop [5.1.3.00]

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von davidgary73 ()

best, marc

hi marc

thanks for ur reply

ur tips work with the sync but not always & sometimes it work & lose after 10 sec the sync, sometimes is more long like 5 minutes , it s better than reboot the virus BUT not cool at all to do it when u made music

also i got sometimes the virus doesn t make any sound but u can see the volume move on the channel in the virus but not in logic & after many stop & play it work again

other problem is that even when it s sync sometime the virus detune & when there s many sounds playing from virus it s completely a disaster

last things is that the virus play well the note 1-4-8-10 & & sometime it go completely crazy playing many notes like 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 ...... like a big storm , i think this is also a sync problem , when i stop & rewind & wait sometime it work again , but most of the time that continue until restart virus

but please how it possible to work like this , even with ur tips about sync , for exemple when i play a loop 8 bar in a sequence & the virus lose sync or detune or stop to play , it s impossible to be concentrate, to work well , i pass more time to try to fix this than to made music since i got the virus

even on logic 9 on imac a friend have same problem

as u say u know this since long time & why it s not fixed , u say that apple & u update this , but as u can see many peoples have same problemSSS

i really want to fix this problem with you or i will need to sell my virus , cause i pass more time to manage this problem than made music

why the virus is not stable???, at this price , it should be a strong & square products , no ?

what to do ? can u help us

thanks a lot

• hi again marc

since the last message i work on music with the virus ti2 & it s really hard like i say to work like this ,, every 5 minutes that bug

please help

have to produce & finish tracks & it s impossible

thanks in advance

• I've got a Logic sync problem too. It's a recent appearance since the new software was installed. Thankfully the new software fixed a few other major bugs but the inconsistent timing is a bit annoying. Is the mysterious tips from support something that could be reproduced here to be followed? It's always a bit late for phoning support when I think I should fix it!

cheers ! J.

• Same issue here Marc!

I am also having the same issue with sync, and the virus suddenly going haywire with all notes. Panic does not fix. I notice on the Snow's display the little USB arrow/bracket symbol on the top right next to a number that blinks when this happens, and that number varies from 1 to 8. the sync issue occurs regardless of the buffer range and I/O buffer settings. I have settings at the recommended settings according to Access which is buffer range to "Small", and i/0 buffer to 256 or 128.

-Nick
    Hitman Records

System profile:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.21f4

USB config:

USB Bus:

Host Controller Location: Built-in USB

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBUHCI

PCI Device ID: 0x2830

PCI Revision ID: 0x0003

PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086

Bus Number: 0x1d

Virus TI:

Product ID: 0x0815

Vendor ID: 0x133e

Version: 1.00

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Access Music

Location ID: 0x1d100000

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 0

Virus Profile:

Access Virus Ti Polar

Firmware 4.0.5.01

Virus Control AU for Apple Logic

DAW:
    Apple Logic Pro Studio 9
    Ver: 9.1.1 (1697.53) (32 Bit)

• Same issue here Marc!

I am also having the same issue with sync, and the virus suddenly going haywire with all notes. Panic does not fix. I notice on the Snow's display the little USB arrow/bracket symbol on the top right next to a number that blinks when this happens, and that number varies from 1 to 8. the sync issue occurs regardless of the buffer range and I/O buffer settings. I have settings at the recommended settings according to Access which is buffer range to "Small", and i/0 buffer to 256 or 128.

if the symbol in the right upper corner of your snow's display starts blinking, the snow indicates that it lost all USB communication since a couple of seconds. it's not surprising that you get all sorts of side effects including hanging notes etc. you need to work on that with support.

best, marc

• As some of the say in this forum in possible to work with midi communication errors I'm have set it up my virus TI Polar with my system Logic 9 and from the first day I get midi issue loosing midi communication and Midi overload all sounds start playing even logic is stopped I just don't believe that Virus is so expensive and we pay lots of money for it to enjoy the Virus but all apposite you start running lots of issues and you loos your creativity if next few months this midi communication issue is not solved with the new software update I'm selling my Virus Polar coz is just not wort the time you spend just trying to fix virus midi issues I have only virus connected on my computer as main controller and sound sours but can even make it work the most simple thing MIDI communication , hop the team that works on this kind of issues red this and fix this ASAP //// I HOPE ////

• Logic is stopped and all sounds start playing - That is exactly the issue (besides loosing sync). Could you imagine being on stage with that happening? I would never risk it with this synth that's for sure. Bounce realtime all the way :S