How to Midi Capture Virus B Arpeggios

• Hi there! Is there any way to record arpeggiated notes as "MIDI" from Virus B into any DAW? I've tried with Sonar 8 (which will record and discriminate any CC changes coming out of Virus B MIDI OUT as cutoff, attack, etc., from filters section) and Live 8.0.5(which recognizes MIDI OUT but can't record or discriminate among CC changes). In both programs I can only record continuous midi notes being played by the midi controller, but not the arpeggiated ones comming out of Virus B.

Tkx

• Thanks a lot Timo!

Its a Global Parameter under the Ctrl Menu. Its described in the page 177 of Access Virus OS4 [ Arpeggsend - This parameter determines whether or not (ON or OFF, respectively) the arpeggiator sends the notes it generates to the MIDI Out ] I succeded in recording the arpeggiated notes in Sonar with 2 midi channels (1 for the notes comming from the keyboard midi controller and other for recording data comming out from the Virus B Midi Out). With this setup you can record the arpeggiated notes and control information (as knob moviments of filter section, for example). You have to put MIDI Panel to "Int+Midi", and that also can be done in the Ctrl Menu. One last thing though is that you have to disable midi send or midi through in the sequencer track receiving the arpeggios and control data, otherwise the arpeggiator will stop or play oddly. Its also explained in the Manual.

Cheers,
    Alec_Pond