Virus Control / midi WONT work in Logic 9.1 (Snow Leopard)

• Hi,

I've tried resetting, reinstalling and I tried various OS versions.
    I've tried new usb cables and new hubs. Nothing seems to be wrong with the usb connection.

When I open VC in Logic it says: MIDI driver failed The MIDI drier failed to start or is not installed. This can happen if you have connected too many usb devices. Also try to install the Virus software again.
    If i wait about 30 seconds, Logic crashes.

I have 3.4.00 installed now and it looks like Logic wont recognize the Virus at all. But in Virus Control Center everything is okay.

I only have my keyboard, mouse and virus connected. And i've tried many possibility's and different usb connections.
    Like i mentioned before: nothing seems to be wrong with the usb connection.

So... Does anyone know what seems to be the problem?!

Best regards,
    Jerry Anthony

• unfortunately, you did not provide any information about your system. Please address support and let them know your exact system configuration. I assume that it is a new iMac (with i5 or i7 cpu), in this case, support will definitely be able to help you.

-timo

• It was the same in my case. Just re-installed the driver WITHOUT updating the virus system itself (I switched the Virus off while the driver was being installed, as th Virus had been updated earlier via Virus Control).
    It works fine now.

• this may sound strange to you, but if you updated the system (OSX) to 10.6.2 via the SOFTWARE UPDATE it might be the reason as well. I would try a standalone (combo) installer.

later on I would try to fix the permissions, restart. Run the VCC installer again, allow it to update the TI and check if the VC plugin works fine. If not I would check different USB ports. In case of strange behavior (like "updating patches and so on) I would run VCC and upgrade the TI system with it, but later the VC plugin may not recognize virus. Then could try installing the software again with virus switched off, to avoid system update... and finally I would have a look if I am not using strange settings like Rosetta or 64 bit (Logic) enabled ;)

that's what I would try, before taking next steps... still, if the Ti is recognized by the VCC it doesn't look like a hardware (virus) problem.

• oh... and make sure you have a device name set for your Virus in VCC (ADVANCED menu). having an empty field there caused numerous crashes while attempting to use BURN TO ROM drop down menu ;) -I am not sure what other errors it might cause...