Using Virus TI as an Effects processor for other audio sources...

• Tried this last night with incredible results!!! Really excited for this... but there were some issues.

When my Buffer Size is low I hear clicks and pops, etc. with the Virus processed signal. Everything else that is playing is fine. To get rid of these I have to crank up the buffer size introducing tons of latency... not ideal.

Here's how I did the routing:

In Ableton...
    From external sound signal -> Audio To: Virus TI, 1/2 Virus TI Snow
    Within Virus Control -> Set a channel's FX Input to Static

Voila sound is being processed through the Virus. The thing is I know/hope there is a way to do this without cranking up the latency (I suspect using the inputs and outputs on the physical unit. )

Any ideas?!

• I'm currently using the hardware line-in's on the Virus to get reverb and delay for my Tetra (or Tetr4, if you prefer). This is without any DAW running, so naturally I don't get any pops or glitches.
    I'd suggest using the hardware line-ins on your Virus TI, as you said, because it'd release some of the strain on your USB connection. I'm not sure if you'd need to use the physical (line) outputs of your Virus though... might be enough to route one of the audio signals using line.

Well, at least I'm guessing it's your USB connection getting overworked.