Why shouldn't the VST3 of Virus Control be used in a "productive environment"?

• every update i see the mods say "VST3 shouldn't be used in a productive environment".. why not? is it a beta or not "stable" yet? because i dont see any problems with it so far.. just want to know what the "official" reason for it is and if anyone has info regarding the VST3 version of VC

• Good question. I was wondering the same thing. Especially since I'm guessing us Cubase users should prolly use the VST3 version seeing how steinberg likes the VST3 format. Could be more stable and whatnot.. :whistling:
    Also I'm wondering is there any real difference in the VST2/VST3 versions of the plugins? do any of them support sidchain input in Cubase5? Is there any difference at all?

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

• every update i see the mods say "VST3 shouldn't be used in a productive environment".. why not? is it a beta or not "stable" yet? because i dont see any problems with it so far.. just want to know what the "official" reason for it is and if anyone has info regarding the VST3 version of VC

it is stable but there are a couple of areas (automation, plug-in type declaration etc.) which might change and eventually things could become incompatible. we have no plans to change anything and the plug-in is as stable as the VST2 version but VST3 is a very new standard and some areas are simply not as standardized as a developer hope they would. this doesn't mean that this is necessarily the fault of steinberg. it is just a precaution partly based on the fact that the vast majority of users and third party hosts is still using VST2.

as for instrument side chaining, this is 100% in steinberg's hands and there is nothing we can do about it, mentioning it to them aside which we did probably more than a year ago. sorry.

best, marc