... loading new sounds to the TI

• Heya,

i´m new to my virus ti since a few days. Sorry for my bad english, i´m from germany. There ist a problem with my ti that make me crazy: I don´t manage it to load up complete *.mid soundbanks to my ti. Maybe you can help me?

How do i upload a complete bank to my ti with the virus control ? The connection is o.k. ! The virus plugin is loaded ! The communication ti <--> cubase ist o.k. ! I can edit the sounds ! I can open the *.mid banks into my virus control ! I can save sounds ! I can dump single sounds from my ti to the virus control !

Everything is o.k., but how do i transfer a complete bank to the ti through the virus control plugin opened in cubase ??? I only can dump single sounds to the ti from within the virus control (double cklick on a single sound transfers the sound to the ti, no problem).

Thanks a lot ...

e_virus

• You don't use the Virus Control (VC) plugin to do this (though you CAN for 'RAM' banks).

You will find it much faster with Virus Control *Centre* (VCC) which you should be able to find in your start menu, which lets you write to RAM banks, too. This program ONLY lets you load whole banks, not parts of them (so you need to assemble them in VC, first).

Hope that helps...

• You don't use the Virus Control (VC) plugin to do this ...

You will find it much faster with Virus Control *Centre* (VCC) ...

It strikes me again that one of these apps should be renamed - they are unnecessarily and confusingly similar ?(

• Thanks, but with the virus control center (VCC) i´m only able to "burn banks to ROM", not to load into RAM A or RAM B etc. The burning ROM process takes a lot of time (> 10 minutes) and a normal *.mid soundbank transfer on my other synthesizers takes 10 seconds !!!

How do you test some single sounds from the soundbanks on the access website? There are a lot of complete banks with thousands of single sounds. Do your hear the sounds step-by-step in the virus control plugin (VC) with clicking one by one and load it one-by-one into the flash-RAM of the ti ?

I´m going crazy.

I want to load a complete *.mid soundbank into my ti and then hear the sounds, step through them, play with them and save my favourite sounds with the virus control plugin in a new bank. That´s all i want.

How is this possible?

greetings to the board :)

• Unfortunately browsing libraries as midis on your pc is a slow process, you really do just have to double click on the library, play it, double click the next one, play it again, etc (this is on the virus control VST, by the way).

The burning to rom process is slow because the virus is effectively reprogramming itself in a way that is similar to a firmware update - and this IS a slow process, especially if you want it to be super safe to do.

• Also, nuking an entire ram bank just to try out a sound bank isnt much fun.

Perhaps a 'virtual' bank held in VC for the project, so you can hold all the past revisions of different presets in there, or alternative ideas, etc. which is accesible from the TI hardware (ie using +/- to navigate), too...

• ha i'm having trouble just getting the ones o got to load. Again I'm very new to Virus... So what you guys are saying is that i can load them through VCC? I got that Kammui soundbank and really want to use it. But I have no idea how the whole loading new soundbanks/sound sets thing works.

• Everything is o.k., but how do i transfer a complete bank to the ti through the virus control plugin opened in cubase ??? I only can dump single sounds to the ti from within the virus control (double cklick on a single sound transfers the sound to the ti, no problem).

Go to the "BROWSER" page in the plugin, select "Virus TI/RAM A" in the upper bank selector, select a bank in the lower bank selector. Then click on the first entry in the lower patch table, hold down SHIFT and click on the last entry. Now all entries are select. Just drag&drop the entries to the upper patch table (drop it on the first entry) and the patches get transfered to the Virus, done.

Auf der Browserpage in der oberen Bankauswahl die RAM-Bank auswählen, in der unteren eine Bank auf der Platte. Dann unten einfach alle Patches auswählen und mit Drag&Drop nach oben schieben, die Patches werden dann in den Virus übertragen.

Siehe auch Seite 14 im Tutorial für Virus Control.

-timo

• ha i'm having trouble just getting the ones o got to load. Again I'm very new to Virus... So what you guys are saying is that i can load them through VCC? I got that Kammui soundbank and really want to use it. But I have no idea how the whole loading new soundbanks/sound sets thing works.

I had the same problem with the Kamui sound bank. I've had my Virus TI for years and never had a problem until I tried to load the Kamui sound bank. Now every time I try and access the drop down list in the Virus control centre the program crashes. I the Virus AU plug-in running in Logic there is no menu appearing when you click on the drop down menu. The Logic noes not crash. I am working on the problem with Access Music Support. They have no idea whats causing the problem at this point and have had to talk to the software developers to try and find out whats going on. I would recommend not trying to load the Kamui sound bank through the VCC. I have successfully loaded the Kamui sounds bank through the MIDI receive/ dump procedure. The info on how to do this is at the back of the Virus TI reference manual.

When Access Music Support solve this problem I'll post it here. Might I add that the Access Support service is second to none. :thumbup:

Kind Regards,
    Ladislav Brezovnik

Access Virus TI - Nord Lead 3 - Yamaha CS6x - Roland JP-8000