Using TI Keyboard as a MIDI keyboard

• Here a silly one guys,
    How can I use the TI as a MIDI keyboard without triggering sounds within the TI?
    I have a Triton rack and am able to use the TI to trigger keys, but also trigger sounds on the same part.
    Under Cubase 4, I use Ch16 in Multi Mode, routed to IN of the Triton. But then there is Ch16 of the TI generating sounds.
    How can eliminate this?
    Cheers

• I actually want the keyboard to be set to "Local ON" to trigger the notes.
    I just don't to generate sound.
    I guess the only way to do it is turn the patch volume down.
    That's the only thing I can think of. How about you guys?

• The best thing I can suggest is having a multi set up with none of the parts set to channel 1 (or whatever) so you can reserve that channel for output to the triton. Then, when you do want to use the virus (i dont own a TI keyboard, so i dont know which is better), change channel OR change multi.

EDIT - i just reread your post, since you are in multi mode, i think the key thing to remember is that you can change which midi channel different parts listen to (by default they are 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc.) such that no part listens to the channel you want to use for other gear. In fact, there is also an option to disable that part altogether.

• In Cubase (it's either Options or Preferences under "MIDI"), there's a MIDI filter which looks like a 16 button grid. You can toggle the buttons on and off and off mode disables MIDI sent/received by Cubase on that channel.