Access virus sound bank needs to be refreshed

• II think the Ti would be better with some presets with the sounds of today
    I know we have to push the button to make our sounds & i do that
    But you can take any vst in fruity loops for example or predator , the basics presets of any of them sounds better(leads arp nap) than Ti !!!!
    Let me know what you think about
    Have a nice day

But you can take any vst in fruity loops for example or predator , the basics presets of any of them sounds better(leads arp nap) than Ti it's a shame !!!!
    Have a nice day

there are over 8000 sounds on the access server. you can install your own rom banks and replace the ones you don't like. you're right, sounds date but changing the rom banks by default would also mean than people relying on those face incompatibility problems.

best, marc

• Hello Marc
    Thanks for your response
    Yes i know i have all of it maybe too much ahahahha and others i bought
    It was not an critic about the bank that does exist i'm using it every day
    But the fact is that people who sell sound bank(like 7skies or others) are much more in the actual music
    but even on the last bank you updated on the access website i'm not surprised by the sound
    I mean the Ti is capable of making pure big sounds but the bank doesn't reflected the enormous potential of this machine like we can hear in(my sound) or bank like Ozcan or standalone
    Nothing more
    Another thing i use Virus for a few years now first version of the Ti and before Virus c so maybe i'm not surprise anymore by the new preset because i've made a lot of track & sounds with it

But you can take any vst in fruity loops for example or predator , the basics presets of any of them sounds better(leads arp nap) than Ti it's a shame !!!!
    Have a nice day

Hi Raf i do see what your saying that you would like more sounds as you say vst synths have alot of sounds for you to chose from but to be honest have i rarely even looked though the preset banks since i have owned the synth and sometimes feel like there is to many presets even now. Even when i didnt know much about the synth i wouldnt start trawling through the presets in search of that 'magic sound for my track' i can listen to just a few sounds to realise the potenial of the virus. All i did was erase a full bank of sounds and make my own (save the happy mistakes :). or go onto any preset ie if you need a bass go onto bass presets and start adjusting things as you go. Find sounds you like and analise them. You'll find alot more pleasure and even better results if you really get to know your machine. Im no synth wizard but that worked for me.

cheers Jamie

• I agreed what you say Jamie
    I own a nord lead 3 also and i know what it is to search for a sound
    Because i'm searching for hours to make my sound ahahahah
    also on the Ti for sure but sometime you want to work quicker and don't want to spend a lot of time on each sound
    but i'm with the headphone right now and turning evrery button ehheeheh to know better

• I think the presets that come on the virus are great, though - not necessarily sounds that are 'complete,' although many are perfectly servicable, but sounds that show you what the synthesizer can do, so you can pick them apart and work out how they work and in turn learn how the synth works. I prefer this to other synths which just come with a small set of presets that appear to show the only 10 or so good sounds they can do, when this is not the case - just you have no idea how to program them...

• You are right I found what i need in the last sound bank Fat Sound these sounds great with no or some modification
    But my critics was a little to strong
    it was a constatation of the difference between those and the standalone i've bought they are with more effects and sounds big
    but with a little work that's right the Ti is powerfull i know that i have it from the begining as a pre order 6 month before out eheheh

If someone have a litle explanation fordoing a chord like Deadmau or Morisson i am interest
    Other thing i know i do have to change topi but anyway i have some issue with my Ti since last update :
    the sound is sudenly buzzinnnng even when i stop it
    i have to power off unwire and make a reset but it re-do it several times???
    and the syncro is loosing itself everytime stop start stop start grrrrr
    I'm gone search the forum for that
    Have a nice day

• Honestly man, at first I was gonna say i think you bought the wrong synth. To me it seemed like the Virus is not a dedicated machine for the type of music you are making because it has a very cold and dark quality to it that has it's specialty in industrial music in my opinion. But then it looks like you have discovered some of the other sounds later on.

In my situation, the exact reverse is true from your situation you approached the virus in... you see, I spent months and months with all sorts of virtual plug-in synths and soft-synths and I could never find barely any sounds I could use, lol,... but then when i went into the store and listened to the virus presets, it was a no-brainier - this thing is meant for my type of music. But I know it can pull off all the "happy" sounds too because the quality is very clear. But you cannot compare the sound clarity of soft synths to the extremely high fidelity clarity of a virus... and i think it is a clear winner in all those departments.

• To be clear as a conclusion
    Virus Ti is the best synth ever
    I was talking about a soundbank i bought : Standalone and it is a fact that those preset are more how can i say that ready to be use
    I' m not talking about the Ti possibility i use it everyday eheheh but i have to make my own sound and it takes time and sometime you prefere working quick
    But with a litle work you can do what ever you want with this masterpiece