Help! Im a new virus user trying to learn how to use it with Apple Logic Pro Studio 9

• My name is Nick Deflaminis of Sonik Foundry, and I have recently
    purchased a TI Polar and am an Apple Logic Pro Studio 9 user. Up until
    now, i have always used softsyhtns from Rob Papen and ReFX to attempt
    to achieve the Virus sound. I came very close but i felt to really get
    the sound i wanted, i needed to get the virus.

I have been trying to learn how to integrate it as an AU in logic but i
    just don't know what im doing. it is quite different where you can only
    have one instance of the virus on one channel strip in Logic. i want to
    know how to take advantage of all 16 channels within the Virus AU
    interface but i just cant grasp the concept that i cant just load a
    different sound to each logic channel strip and bounce my project. Even
    with one channel strip being used, when i try to bounce it, it cant and
    the channel strip is empty. what am i doing wrong? ?( i tried to
    download the Apple logic tutorials from the Access site but i can seem
    to find them? what do i do to learn how to use this quickly? :D

Thank you,

Nick

• Hi Mark, I did just that. I clicked on the "?" and clicked on "Download Video Tutorials" all the other choices were greyed out. After clicking on "Download Video Tutorials", it brought me to the main page of the Access website, not tutorials. and i dont know where to go from there.

• Hi Mark, I did just that. I clicked on the "?" and clicked on "Download Video Tutorials" all the other choices were greyed out. After clicking on "Download Video Tutorials", it brought me to the main page of the Access website, not tutorials. and i dont know where to go from there.

i didn't refer to the video tutorials but to the pdf tutorials which are automatically installed with the rest of the software. the link to the download might be broke, i can't check this right now. as for offline bouncing, there are options for realtime and offline. details can be found in the logic manual.

best, marc

• Hi, you can download the whole virus manual from this site, which has a big chapter dedicated to getting you up and running as fast as possible.

The Virus only has 3 stereo outputs, if you select 'new multi timbral instrument' in logic (with 16 tracks), then in that new instrument load in the Virus AU plugin as multi output 3x stereo output, you will now find that each of your 16 tracks in the arrangement page will correspond to the 16 parts of the virus.

To have full control of some of the sounds, e.g 3 stereo outputs, click the '+' symbol of the virus channel strip in logic, this will open up 2 of its AUX channels - virus 3-4 and virus 5-6. You know how 3 stereo outputs, and can still use the other 13 parts - if you want further control of those 13 parts i would suggest playing in by midi then muting the midi and bouncing it to audio, then putting that on an audio track so you can process it on its own.

You can have 6 mono outputs i do believe, you need to read the book and learn about the virus control page - e.g routing the outputs of your virus - USB1 L+R, USB 2 L + R and USB 3 L+R, those are your 3 stereo outputs.

I know it sucks that you can only have 3 stereo outputs, i hope this will be improved.

Hope that helps. :)

• Tom,

"To have full control of some of the sounds, e.g 3 stereo outputs, click the '+' symbol of the virus channel strip in logic, this will open up 2 of its AUX channels - virus 3-4 and virus 5-6. You know how 3 stereo outputs, and can still use the other 13 parts"

How do I add virus 3-4 and virus 5-6. When I click the '+' symbol I only get the options for input 1-2 and bus? '
    '
    Thanks in advance