Virus B stuck on "Receiving Last Bank 15" during OS update

• I am trying to update from 4.02 to 4.90 and when I update "Receiving Last Bank 15" is a message my Virus B gets stuck on during OS update attempts. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this. I have had nothing but slowness and repetitive responses from customer support about trying different cables mostly. I have tried multiple cables OS's interfaces and programs. The update starts and it takes about 10 minutes then freezes on, "Receiving Last Bank 15". Does that mean that a setting I have is off. Here is how I currently have everything set under the Midi System settings...

Midi Dump TX = SingleBuff
    Midi Dump RX = Enable
    Midi Global Chan = 1
    Midi Panel = Int+Midi
    Midi ArpeggSend = On
    Midi ClockRx =Auto
    MidiVolume = Enabled
    Midi ProgChange = Enabled
    Midi MultiProChg = Disabled
    Midi Device ID = 1
    Midi Control LoPage = Sysex
    Midi Control HiPage = Sysex

System Memory Protect = Off

I have used mainly Win7 64-Bit and Win XP 32-Bit. I have tried a generic 1-in 1-out midi interface with cables the plug direct in and my Motu Midi Express 128 on multiple ports with multiple cables. The software I have tried to use has been Freeloader, FL Studio, and Midi Ox. Hopefully somebody out there has some help for me. Also if somebody suggests a certain software please say some short steps on how to load the midi file and make sure it's communicating with the Virus B. Thank you to all in advance who respond as I am desperate being that I'm stuck on Version 4.02. I need to get out of 2001!

• Try to slow down the transmission (lower the BPM in your sequencer) or use windows media player to send the OS to the virus.
    When some data has not been received by the virus, the update will not complete.

best
    -timo

• How do you use Windows Media Player to send Midi to it? What settings should I change in there because the only thing I could figure out on WMP would be just to play it but I don't think it communicates to the Virus by just doing that alone.

• Also the one that seems to react the most are Midi-Ox's MidiBar but there is no tempo change. Does anyone know how to load the midi files into FL Studio. If I go to file>Open or thru the Browser and drop the Midi OS File in it does nothing. Damn this is frustrating.

• I wish I could say this worked for me, but I tried everything stated in this thread (thankfully I had a few old PC's lying around still running Windows XP), using a MOTU Fastlane USB Midi Interface and two different Midi Cables, with NO success. I have tried updating via WMP as stated (and even some other suggestions I've found via Google: i.e. Alesis FreeLoader), but the farthest I've gotten is to Receiving Last Bank (15) and then the module freezes (and does NOT prompt me to apply the update.) I also attempted to load the "chunks" into my midi sequencer (an MPC 2500) and had even less luck with that. Mind-you I purchased this module second-hand (via eBay) just recently, and it is STILL running OS 3.0. I even went as far as trying earlier versions of OS 4.x but still had no success. If ANYONE could shed some light or has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

• Just a quick update (pun intended), I was finally able to successfully update my Virus B to 4.90 (and couldn't be happier.) A little bit of info (in case anyone ever stumbles across this issue again)...TRY A DIFFERENT MIDI INTERFACE. I was originally using a MOTU Fastlane USB interface (which I've used for years with no issues that I was aware of), and went-out today and bought an M-Audio 2x2 Midisport (USB) Interface, and thus, my success story. I used an older PC (still running Windows XP Pro SP3) and just played the OS (.mid) file via Windows Media Player 11 - (as I was previously doing with the MOTU, and failing everytime) and this time I was able to update without a hitch.