((( Feature Requests for future TI O.S. )))

• Matrix point additions

sources:

OSC1
    OSC2
    OSC3

Destinations:

Freq Shifter Mix
    Amp Env Trigger
    Filter Env Trigger

--------------------------------------------------------

Capabilities to Cross modulate and FM with OSC3 towards 1 or 2 or 1+2

Soft Sync as well as Hard Sync selectors for 2 and 3

if possible a way to trigger the envelopes like gates via an LFO or OSC frequency sources in the Mod Matrix

Combinations of sources towards these would produce some really interesting randomizing patterns towards the amp and filter envelopes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for making such a sick synth!

• I'd like to see some improvements in the arp pattern selection, specifically:

- more user slots that can be saved as personal presets
    - the ability to edit the factory presets directly, or copy them to the user slots for editing.

• You know there already is the osciallator punch control...

I know but thats not what im talking about at all. That punch control just adds or enhances the initial OSC CLIP or SNAP when the attack is all the way down, But I'm referring to a PLUCKING action. Its a very potent feature that takes a very static feeling sound or arp or sharp attacked sound and makes it very organic. Its Hard to describe but synthesizers like the Buchla or Eurorack modulars with QMMGs are achieving these plucking feelings out of electronic oscillators and it's just flat out sick as all hell..lol making electronic sounds have a more natural organic feel. I haven't heard anything else get close until now, this "IL Harmless" VSTi is the first one to do it and my does it do an amazing job. It uses a plucking circuit in the main OSC and also at the Filter Envelopes, the results are unmatched.

Another spot the Virus needs some help is at the filters. This Harmless synth blows the filters away as well. but I can use the TI filters, Im just curious if their going to expand on the modulation routings and add VCOs as modulation sources and maybe add a plucking circuit model into the equation to get with the current feel that's been emerging.

Another spot the Virus needs some help is at the filters. This Harmless synth blows the filters away as well. but I can use the TI filters, Im just curious if their going to expand on the modulation routings and add VCOs as modulation sources and maybe add a plucking circuit model into the equation to get with the current feel that's been emerging.

Granted harmless has a few nice filters - but they are more blatent 'one show horses' than the virus filters - trust me, the virus filters blow anything IL has done away. IL has had synths with a pluck feature in for ages - I've always thought it sounds cheesey, but then I'm not a big fan of additive synthesis (well, thats not completely true, I do like a good EP or FM bass :P ). Take IL Sytrus, for instance, and any synth that uses the same engine - I can spot it a mile off and it sounds plasticy as hell.

The virus does have a lot of routing capability, so I will have to mess with it some time soon to see if its already possible to do the plucking sound you desire (you'd be surprised what you can ALREADY do)...

• Granted harmless has a few nice filters - but they are more blatent 'one show horses' than the virus filters - trust me, the virus filters blow anything IL has done away. IL has had synths with a pluck feature in for ages - I've always thought it sounds cheesey, but then I'm not a big fan of additive synthesis (well, thats not completely true, I do like a good EP or FM bass :P ). Take IL Sytrus, for instance, and any synth that uses the same engine - I can spot it a mile off and it sounds plasticy as hell.

The virus does have a lot of routing capability, so I will have to mess with it some time soon to see if its already possible to do the plucking sound you desire (you'd be surprised what you can ALREADY do)...

I agree the virus filters are great, but I've always enjoyed filters that when you add resonance the sound doesnt get thinned out, I know there's ways around that but irregardless a nice new filter model for the virus wouldn't be a bad thing. Just curious for a different flavor of filter that's more ballsy and flat when resonance is added.

And as far as the Plucking is concerned , i dont mean that plucking used in those corn ball guitarish sounds or anything of the sort, just more of a very elusive nuance at the initial hit of a sound that almost delays and then hits the Attack creating an interesting shwack and snap before the rest of the sound follows. just adds this great feeling to the waveform that just feels good and I want it on the Virus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I'm referring to a PLUCKING action

try using recursive modulation

If I was a bit ch Id blow you...LMAO Thank you very much for that tip. when I assigned the amp and filter env to themselves thru the mod matrix on a couple of slots you helped me discover what Ive been after, so damn happy!!!. 8o

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now I have to edit my feature requests

Id still love

OSC1 2 3 as sources

Dest
    Freqshifter Mix

and more options to cross modulate with OSC3 towards 1 and 2 or both and sync options hard and soft

:)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von OtherSideSounds ()

• to be able to function with automation in Pro Tools. I am afraid to even try... apparently it doesn't work for many people in these forums. (I am already waiting on other fixes but at least to also be able to have the value up down buttons on the TI change patches in the VC RTAS plug-in if not the down and up keys on the computer keyboard - currently if you try either value + -, it goes to your previous patch when you were not in plug-in mode.

• My dream list (in order of preference):

1. User polyphony setting per patch
    2. Programmable arpeggiator notes
    3. Resonance setting for the delay's filter (when used, effectively turns the delay into a resonant filter delay)
    3. Hypersaw oscillator spread.
    4. Independent slope adjustment for A,D,S&R for Amp and filter OR simply a selectable "advanced envelope" featuring the same thing
    5. Better use for "Destination" buttons :whistling:
    6. More filter/osc flavors...

Here's hopeing.. :)

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

• I'd like to see some improvements in the arp pattern selection, specifically:

- more user slots that can be saved as personal presets
    - the ability to edit the factory presets directly, or copy them to the user slots for editing.

oh yes. i'm hoping for this since a long time. Would save alot of time in editing arp patterns. And i would appreciate if it where possible to save the Arp patterns indipendend of the patch, in a user arp list ore so.

• In what way would need this to be different from the existing parameter?

My mistake. What I meant to say was: Hypersaw stereo spread (pan spread). Hypersaw is great, but to get anything similar to real unison, one has to use at least 2xunison for the stereo spread option or use the filters in parallel mode with 2 hypersaw osc's.

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LfmC ()