Please add REAPER to supported hosts list.

• Access, please start talking to Cockos (the Reaper devs) and add Reaper to the list of supported hosts. They're very communicative.

People, give http://reaper.fm a try, if you haven't yet. And then please add your votes here.

˙ɯǝɥʇ ǝsooɥɔ ǝɯ ʇǝl ʇ,uoʍ ɯnɹoɟ pıdnʇs sıɥʇ ʇnq 'ɹǝɔuǝnbǝs puɐ SO ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ǝsn I

• Access, please start talking to Cockos (the Reaper devs) and add Reaper to the list of supported hosts. They're very communicative.

People, give http://reaper.fm a try, if you haven't yet. And then please add your votes here.

the list of official hosts is based on market shares. we have limited time, we can only support limited hosts. therefore, if we would decide to add further hosts to the compatibility list, those would be the next in line.
    as for reaper, we've included some bug fixes making it (more) compatible, in the past. in fact we do this for many hosts which are not listed compatible. but we will not add hosts to the list just by a couple of people voting for it, sorry.

if you have specific issues with reaper, please feel free to discuss them here.

best, marc

• How many people voting would make a difference? I'm not being a wise ss im just wondering how many TI users I have to get together to vote? I bet it wouldn't be too hard to gather a clan together between a few major forums who have switched to Reaper as a result of its tiny footprint,superior operation and use of computer resources, superior track channeling and routing, endless customization, constant updating, infinitesimal price tag ect ect ect I had to leave Ableton (along with countless producers) due to its endless bugs...it got to the point where I couldn't function. When faced with the other options I immediately thought Cubendo or Sonar ...but I stumbled upon Reaper...I have to admit that I demod it last because I was turned off by the near freeware price..I just couldn't believe that a pro DAW could be cheaper than a plug in. Sure enough I fell in love immediately. It litererly doubled my track amount and nearly tripled my fx instance count with nothing frozen and perfect operation..SOLD. Then as I learned it I was blown away by the customized speedy workflow with endless control. As the need for switching DAWs increases with bugged alternatives driving their users to the brink of insanity Reaper will emerge. Not making this software a priority is to ignore a potentially way larger part of your target market than you may realize. I'm not trying to complain here as my TI runs great in Reaper but with the proper attention it could be utopia. Sorry about the rant there but seriously how many people?

Virus TI Keyboard, Ableton Live 8.04 and APC40, Windows XP 32 (vista 64 on my laptop), waves, psp's, magix, sonnox, GT Condenser Mic, EMU 1616m pci soundcard, Event Monitors, Core i7 3.3,6 gigs ram, two velociraptors in a raid 0, two 1tb's in raid 1.

• I'm using VC in Reaper too. Of course would like to see Reaper officially supported, but as long as it works (touch wood! :) , I don't really care.

I'm not trying to complain here as my TI runs great in Reaper but with the proper attention it could be utopia.

Don't quite understand you here. If it runs great, then what is utopia? :)
    Let's ask another question: how many users are experiencing compatibility issues with VC in Reaper?

Now that I think of it, Virus often gets out of sync ("a sync error occurred") if I skip to another time point during playback; pressing Stop clears it, so it's not a big deal. But never used VC in another DAW so don't know if it's a problem with Reaper.

• Little bugs like that are what I mean...it just ran smoother in Ableton. As far as the Utopia thing It might allow for further advancement as far as new functionality goes. I'm no programmer so obviously I can't site specific examples but you never know until you try. Their are some brilliant guys over there at Cockos and obviously "Access" is another word for brilliant so working together I just feel more could be accomplished. Sorry if I offended anyone for sharing my opinion/vision. So I guess there isn't a number of people then...

Virus TI Keyboard, Ableton Live 8.04 and APC40, Windows XP 32 (vista 64 on my laptop), waves, psp's, magix, sonnox, GT Condenser Mic, EMU 1616m pci soundcard, Event Monitors, Core i7 3.3,6 gigs ram, two velociraptors in a raid 0, two 1tb's in raid 1.

• Little bugs like that are what I mean...it just ran smoother in Ableton.

Did you have similar issues to mine in Reaper? Is everything smooth in Live?
    In that case, this may be something for Access and Reaper folks to look into.

As far as the Utopia thing It might allow for further advancement as far as new functionality goes. I'm no programmer so obviously I can't site specific examples but you never know until you try.

I'm a programmer, and I think you're wrong here :) For the DAW software, plugin is a black box - the DAW basically provides timing information (clock, beat, sample position) and audio input, and the plugin returns its audio output to the DAW. Plugin developers and DAW developers can improve their software independently, as long as they adhere to some standard (VST in our case). They don't need to work together, unless there are compatibility issues :thumbup:

• I would like to see reaper officially supported. As for specific problems, this "sync error" spokem of by others is the most frequent. The VST is generally not synced that well with reaper.

• Throwing in my hat in support of REAPER support

It's not exactly some insignificant JoeBob's Get-R-Dun DAW.... shit's comin up on the big boys real fast.