Importing Patches into the Virus TI Desktop?

• Hey Everyone, I was interested in buying the Ummet Ozcan soundset for the Virus TI but I am a little confused on how to load these if I purchase them? Whenever I press load on any of the parts in Virus Control, it does give me options to load patches from my hard drive. I read on an earlier post that there should be a patches folder on your computer but I have checked my Access Virus folder and no such folder exists there. I am running Mac OS 10.5.8, any tips would be great, thanks!

• You should have a Folder called "patches"put your patches in that folder, once you open up the Virus control in you project page, all you paches should show up in cluding Ummet Ozcan soundset.

Hope this helps.

• na he said he didnt have the folder called patches... im having the same prob... will post more after i googled it..

EDIT:

ok i found the folder on my PC, so not sure if it will be the same for a Mac, but mine was in my documents in a folder called "Access Music"... this was in a different location to the main "Access" folder...

not sure if this will help u tho?

• Ok guys, found it! Thanks for you replies. I will probally get this soundset next week. All I have to do is drop that in the patches folder and it will be in Virus Control when I load sounds in the drop down box? Also, will this be added to the Virus TI when not using Virus Control? Thanks a bunch.

• Yep thats right mate.

Once you get the Sound set you will see it as a Midi File (once you unzipp the Folder) and all you have to do is drop that Midi Patch right in the patches folder and it will be seen in Virus Control when you open a new Project, the sound set will show in the drop down box.

I dont think these pacthes will show in your TI when NOT using the Virus Controll,and your using the Virus as a Stand alone Hardware.

You have to do some kind of midi Dump and i don't know how to do that sorry,

I hope some one else can help ya with that mate, if you ever find out please mesg me the answer because i would luv to know how to do that ay.

Later mate

• Hey Ray, thanks for you help on this. It seems like a very simple process! Sometimes I tend to overcomplicate things, I will be purchasing a soundset next weekend, so I am looking forward to this. For now, just having the sounds in the Virus Control will be great but I will let you know if I figure out how to put it on the hardware. Thanks for your help, all the best.

• All good mate.

Believe me the Ummet Ozcan soundset is WICKED :D i purchased it a few months ago and its has some of the Darkest sounds i have ever heard man.

You be locked away in your studio for weeks once you get your hands on this.

Glad i could help in some way LOL, all the best mate :thumbup:

Also check out "Sounds of revolution" sound set for the Virus and also "Vengance" they have some wicked pactches man.

Later bro

• For those who are still confused, this is the way to do it on a Mac.....
    Go in to hard disk - Library - Application Support - Access Music - Virus TI - Then paste the mid file into Patches.

I got very confused when I saw this thread, I went to applications - access music - virus TI - Patches. But that did't work......

Hope this help other people in the future...

Best regards
    Rob Nisga

• Alright guys

I have the TI Snow and have recently purchased Ummet's soundset. I've had the similar problems. When i open up Access Music folder i do not have a patches folder.

All that is in there are read-me templates, uninstall software and control center for back-ups and the such. I've checked everywhere but no patches folder.Is there another way of installing this patch?

Thanks

Ryan :)

• You're looking at the wrong folder. I don't know the exact location on a Mac but there is another "Access" folder on your computer. Run a search for "Virus TI" named folders and you should find it.

• The location of the Access Virus presets folder will be in:

Your Main HD/ Library / Application Support / Access Virus / TI / Patches

Place the Ummet's soundset in the folder.

Cheers

Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 28GB Ram, 4 TB Hard Drive, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, 7GB Ram, 2 TB Hard Drive
    Logic Pro X 10.2, OSX Yosemite, Motu Ultralite,
    Access Virus TI Desktop [5.1.3.00]

• Alright guys

Sorted now!! Patches running smoothly and sounding epic!! For all you Mac users the actual patch folder is located in the main library on your Macintosh HD.

In the search type in Macintosh HD

Macintosh HD-Library-Application Support-Access Music-Virus TI-Patches

Just drag and drop your .mid files into the patches folder.

Hope this helps future users!

Ryan :)

• Organization – Editor Browser Window. Rather than starting a new thread…

• Upgraded to Sierra 10.12.6 with the editor running stable.

• When I try and drag a patch to the lower or upper banks-areas in the editor, (RAM or other .mid banks), the cursor gives me the "crossed-circle" preventing the operation. I only allows to copy into ROM / RAM, to RAM (gives me the green +). Will not copy to any user .mid banks I've created in my Patches folder. Had worked fine previously.

* Did something change (key commands, etc.) ?

Many Thanks!

Just to add. BlueCat's Patchwork allows the editor to run within the current version of Pro Tools and is solid.

• • When I try and drag a patch to the lower or upper banks-areas in the editor, (RAM or other .mid banks), the cursor gives me the "crossed-circle" preventing the operation. I only allows to copy into ROM / RAM, to RAM (gives me the green +). Will not copy to any user .mid banks I've created in my Patches folder. Had worked fine previously.

Where are your user banks located, and what are the file permissions on them?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• • They are in the default install location: Library>Application Support>Access Music>Virus TI>Patches.

• As you mentioned, a permission issue. Thank you! That was it!

• I'm logged-in as "user" (also system?)

– "read and write " was "system" only. I enabled " wheel" and "everyone".

– Relaunched the Finder, Permissions reverted to "system" only.

– I'm hesitant about copying permissions to " all enclosed folders" as this caused problems previously with another application.

• I created a new folder in the TI>Patches and copied the .mid user-banks I mentioned to organize the patches in the Editor-WIndow.

– I now get the green-arrow and it allows to drag any patch from RAM,ROM, or the Patches Folder into this area.

• So a easy work-around that came with updating OSX from Yosemite straight to Sierra? I'll work with it and post my results.

Many thanks again!

• Your own patches should be within the user home directory, not in the system's Library location.

Also, it's odd that you think you are the "system" user. The user "system" is used for operating system permissions and background tasks. You should have a real user e.g. "raycervenka" or the something like that. Where you always have all the read and write permissions.

Then your patches go into

Users/<username>/Documents/Access Music/Virus TI/Patches/

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+