Communication Error

• I started receiving an error when loading up the Virus TI Plugin on Logic 9.

It says - "A Communication error has occurred. The Virus TI does not respond to request messages or the transmitted data is corrupt. Please be aware that the RAM banks in the browser window will not correspond to the actual content in the device! Please check your system setup."

Please advise what I should do to fix this problem?

Thanks,
    Justin

• Hi,

Below are all the details about my system.

2 x 2.66 Ghz Dual Core Intel Xeon
    5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 of Memory
    Mac OSX 10.5.8
    Logic 9.02

Virus TI Version: 3.3.4.00
    Virus TI Control Version 3.3.4.00
    Audio Driver Version 2.0.3.0

Audio Library Version 2.0.3.0
    Host Interface Version 2.0.3.0
    Midi Driver Version 1.5.0.0

Thanks!
    Justin

• I have this problem on Logic 9. It's happening every time I launch the plugin. I've already emailed support
    2 crash logs and told them my setup. Anyone on here resolve this?

there is no general way to solve this. this error is a result of your setup, there is a problem with USB communication that those are mostly caused by other USB device. try to switch the virus to another USB port and disconnect other USB devices so you can see if the problem persists. if you have crashes though, it could be related to other components in your system. you need to work on that with access support.

best, marc

• I got exactly the same issue. I'm in touch with the support.
    It is weird that an issue like this can occur. Imac 27 are pretty de facto standard, and my setup is nothing fancy.

• I have the same problem sometimes, but i just set the Virus into the Stand-By Mode for some seconds.
    After switching on again and restarting the VST-Plug-In, it works fine, also on the same USB Port.
    Sometimes i have to do it 3 or 4 times before it works correct.