How do you detune downwards, not upwards?

• I noticed that when I use detune - it up-tunes to sharp, and not downwards towards the flat direction as i prefer. Is there a way to switch the detune dial to going towards flat instead of sharp? If not then that really blows.

• Can't you just put that OSC a semitone down then detune it up? Same result.

:D That had me running to the Virus to see if I hadn't been missing the simplest solution ever for over a decade!

Unfortunately, it is unlikely to be sufficient, unless you want a severe, 'Zombie Nation' type detune.

There is a workaround:

Set LFO1 to a square wave.
    Set LFO1 Contour to +63
    Use LFO1>Osc2 Pitch in negative amounts to detune downwards.

Maybe an even better result would be to set (LFO1>) Osc1Pitch and Osc2 Pitch amounts to opposite values, i.e. Osc1 = -12.5% and Osc2 = +12.5%.

Be sure not to use Env Mode and remember to use the hard-wired LFO1>Pitch assignments in the MODULATORS section - using the mod matrix for this won't work properly.

Of course, you tie up LFO1 by doing this.

• I noticed that when I use detune - it up-tunes to sharp, and not downwards towards the flat direction as i prefer. Is there a way to switch the detune dial to going towards flat instead of sharp? If not then that really blows.

do you mean something like a pitchbass?
    if i understand right, i woult take the LFO3 and set to pitch1+2 and play with the knobs (also very important is the waveform)

• Inside the mind of sound design master. Thanks Ben.

• Hahaha, too bad my suggestion didn't work. Nice job!

• All i did was link control03 (or whatever) to osc2 pitch with -1, then set up a soft knob as control03, does exactly what's needed, surely? It certainly downtunes rather than uptunes osc2...

Although, having said that - for very small detunes it seems pretty random what actual detune value it takes... I tried to detune it with the normal tune, then but it back in tune with the soft knob, but it wont do it consistently

Also, note that OSC3 does downtune with its detune - though OSC3 is not as flexible, i know.

• All i did was link control03 (or whatever) to osc2 pitch with -1, then set up a soft knob as control03, does exactly what's needed, surely? It certainly downtunes rather than uptunes osc2...

Although, having said that - for very small detunes it seems pretty random what actual detune value it takes... I tried to detune it with the normal tune, then but it back in tune with the soft knob, but it wont do it consistently

Also, note that OSC3 does downtune with its detune - though OSC3 is not as flexible, i know.

This technique is good for fine-tuning any parameter - the only problem is that it won't save the position of the soft knob with the patch, so it is only useful for realtime tweaking.