Slow UI with windows 7

• Yawn ... feels like I've been waiting for this since - well, since I got my Virus ...

This post doesn't help - Marc has explained but yet, somehow, posting every 2 months does make me feel slightly better.

VENT! VENT! VENT! 8o

S.S.

(feel better)

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B
    Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4
    Microphone: sE2200a

• :) Totally know how you feel, got my Virus in May or something and not been able to unleash it's full potential yet :(

• Which was exactly my point when i posted. (Not the fact that problems like this should be easy to resolve due to the nice forum...as someone seemed to imply with a modified version of my quote).

I'm talking about feedback. If even Access would let us know something once a week, we would have a better view on the situation and it would be easier for us to sympathise (instead of rant). :)

• :love: I can't wait to try it

edit: oh Mighty Odin, yes. This feels fantastic. A little too low contrast in the Matrix and in the Soft Knob functions, but overall it seems really really good.

• Thank you guys, now the virus feels much more smoother and responsive. However, the lines in the hypersaw are a bit bent and become blurry. There are still some 1 pixel black squares on different places on the gui.

Btw, do you think you could change the contract back to how it was for the selectors? Its really hard to read on some screens:

interesting, we didn't change the contrast but obviously something is messing with the gamma. we need to investigate that further. as for the 1px black dots, are there always in the same place, could you pls post a screenshot?

thanks, marc

• Hi Marc,

Something else to report, while messing around with the Ti in a fresh project I inserted a midi melody and all was fine, I then deleted the melody and just put in a single long key and proceeded to turn on the Virus' Arp.

After around 10 seconds it suddenly dropped to around 75 BPM, (project stated it was still at it's current value which was 140 BPM). The BPM light on the Virus was also flashing around half it's original speed. I changed the buffer on my soundcard to see if it was that and then it tripled or more. I solved all this by putting my buffer back to it's original state (128 samples) and reloading the Virus into the project.

Really strange issue and not sure if it's Virus related but I thought I better throw it in here anyway.

• I don't know if it was ever reported, but jumping in in between sections (browser, osc, filter etc.) within Virus Control is still very slow.
    Especially when jumping to the filter section which is loaded with parameters, that's probably also the reason why the config page loads as quick as it does.
    I thought this was always part of the slow gui issue, but apparently it's not, but it's still annoying, sorry to say :S

• interesting, we didn't change the contrast but obviously something is messing with the gamma. we need to investigate that further. as for the 1px black dots, are there always in the same place, could you pls post a screenshot?

thanks, marc

Yes, the dots are always in the same place. The white ones only appear when I drag the filter little square to that spot, and the white dot will appear.

I have posted an image and I circled all the dots which I found. I am using the snow, in FL Studio, so I cannot confirm if it happens with other viruses and with other hosts.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4913/dots.jpg]

• Finally... a smooth and fluid GUI.

Thank you, Access and Marc. :)

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...