Slow UI with windows 7

• Tried it. Sadly no effect for me.

Thanks for the idea though.

• Waldorf Largo just had an update released which brings it to 1.5.1. This update states it fixes the Slow UI, especially under Windows 7. It seems the Virus isn't the only synth have any issue with a slower UI under Windows 7. Since Walforf managed to fix their slow response to batch browsing, knob turns etc, I hope Access can do the same soon.

• I'll add that I'm in the same boat. Win7 x64, Virus control very sluggish. You can notice it easiest by just looking at the meter under one of the channels. Hit a note and watch how slowly the meter fades back to 0. This was snappy and smooth in XP.

• With Win7 64 becoming the choice OS for Windows musicians, this really needs to be stepped up.

S.S.

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B
    Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4
    Microphone: sE2200a

• With Win7 64 becoming the choice OS for Windows musicians, this really needs to be stepped up.
    S.S.

They said they're working on it several times, we just have to wait. It takes time to rewrite the whole thing. You should HIDE the VC when not using it to make changes, it improves the speed a lot

• They said they're working on it several times, we just have to wait. It takes time to rewrite the whole thing. You should HIDE the VC when not using it to make changes, it improves the speed a lot

Optimism is great, but this issue has really been making my Virus useless for the past few months. It also makes Cubase 5 more sluggish than it should be whenever the Virus is playing sounds, which makes it a less convenient option than most softsynths. I bought it for the total integration and virus control, and so far it isn't delivering. I've been contemplating the idea of returning to XP but my production computer is also used for some of my work so it would be a huge pain to go back.

I really cannot wait till this thing is fixed and I'm glad I'm not the only one. Would be cool to have a rough idea of what's going on with this fix they're working on.

• Optimism is great, but this issue has really been making my Virus useless for the past few months. It also makes Cubase 5 more sluggish than it should be whenever the Virus is playing sounds, which makes it a less convenient option than most softsynths. I bought it for the total integration and virus control, and so far it isn't delivering. I've been contemplating the idea of returning to XP but my production computer is also used for some of my work so it would be a huge pain to go back.

I really cannot wait till this thing is fixed and I'm glad I'm not the only one. Would be cool to have a rough idea of what's going on with this fix they're working on.

Access have been slowly working on it ever since they added x64 support, so they ARE working on it, but from what I can tell, it's not as simple to fix as most bugs. It's already much better than it was, but unfortunately, still not good enough...

An official progress update would be nice.

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

• Access have been slowly working on it ever since they added x64 support, so they ARE working on it, but from what I can tell, it's not as simple to fix as most bugs. It's already much better than it was, but unfortunately, still not good enough...

An official progress update would be nice.

summer holidays make it difficult for a team to work efficiently, all i can say is that in about 2 weeks, everybody involved will be back at work and we hopefully can finish things up. the big chunk of work is done already.

best, marc

• summer holidays make it difficult for a team to work efficiently, all i can say is that in about 2 weeks, everybody involved will be back at work and we hopefully can finish things up. the big chunk of work is done already.

best, marc

Thanks for the reply Marc, much appreciated. It had completely slipped my mind about Europe taking long summer holidays, I remember last year the second thing happened while we were all anxiously awaiting a new build of OS 3.

• summer holidays make it difficult for a team to work efficiently, all i can say is that in about 2 weeks, everybody involved will be back at work and we hopefully can finish things up. the big chunk of work is done already.

best, marc

Thanks Marc. Will try to keep the nagging to a minimum until then ;)

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

• Thanks for the reply Marc, much appreciated. It had completely slipped my mind about Europe taking long summer holidays, I remember last year the second thing happened while we were all anxiously awaiting a new build of OS 3.

it's always a "difficult" time. we don't take a break all at the same time (like some countries do) which makes it worse in some cases. i hope you all are able to enjoy the summer weather. we haven't forgot you, this problem is out #1 on windows.

best, marc