what's the best mac today to work with the polar access TI2?

• hi
    i'm looking to buy a imac i7.
    is it fine to work with an access polar tI2 or do i need more a mac pro?
    i have some problem of synchro with my actual G4 but i think it's normal and it's why i want to upgrade for a new computer.
    is there also any trouble with snow leopard?
    i have also an external soundcard motu 828MK2
    thanks in advance for your answers or for your links if i missed a thread about this topic

• I would say that you don´t have to expect any problems with any Intel Mac that is available! I have a rather slow Macbook (with Intel) and great performance with the Virus TI! I also use it with a Motu 828 mk3 and never had problems! So there is no need to buy a rather expensive system for the TI.

• thank you for this answer.
    how many different tracks/part/channel are you playing usualy with you TI?
    you never had any trouble of synchro even with the arpegio?
    i have a lot of plugs in addition wich take a lot of cpu (east west orchestra,BPM,albino)
    i heard also that for an imac 7 for example there a trick to do to separate the usb.
    but after this trick done does it work perfectly with the TI?
    and does it alterate the computer in any way?

• Zitat

thank you for this answer.

You are welcome!

Zitat

how many different tracks/part/channel are you playing usualy with you TI?

It depends! I have a lot of synths so it can be just one, or up to eight tracks. I don´t feel any difference in the performance. Even complex patches with high cpu use (the TI shows the cpu usage in the display) run smoothly.

Zitat

you never had any trouble of synchro even with the arpegio?

Can´t tell! I hardly use the arpeggiator (which will change with Version4 because of the modulation capabilities).

Zitat

i have a lot of plugs in addition wich take a lot of cpu (east west orchestra,BPM,albino)

No problem with that! I use a lot of vsti and other hardware synths and experienced that the TI works fine as long as the computer is not totally at its limit.

Zitat

i heard also that for an imac 7 for example there a trick to do to separate the usb.
    but after this trick done does it work perfectly with the TI?

Don´t have an imac.

Zitat

and does it alterate the computer in any way?

Yes. It turns into a powerful and easy to use electronic instrument. ;)