Enable Buttons In Remote Mode

• One thing I have always dreamed of is that the buttons would work in "Remote Mode"

However, NOT only to send MIDI CC but to actually allow the use of more CC values on the knobs.

For instance when you press the OSC 2 button the knobs in the OSC section will now send different assignable CC values than if the OSC 1 button is depressed.

Or pressing the LFO button in the LFO Section would cycle through the 3 different LFO's using the same knob. (As is already implemented in the virus architecture.)

This would allow for much more comprehensive control over soft synths.

The OSC, LFO and Filter selection buttons could function in this "Sub-menu" type fashion and the rest of the buttons could just send CC's. (Of course the system related buttons on either side of the screen would likely have to be left alone)

The thing I really love about the Remote Template feature is having a uniform interface for (most) soft synths. I know the virus very well now and don't have to think or look for the parameter I wan't. It is automatic, like any instrument becomes after time. Being able to apply this feeling of direct thought reaction to many many other synths is a godsend, but the improvement outlined above would make it complete I feel.

Currently it is a case of deciding which parameters to leave out of the control template and then it's back to the mouse for those ones. ;( More control!!!

How about it Access? :thumbup:

• +1

I have only just started using remote mode and would find it useful if you could use some buttons to switch knob parameter sets (e.g pressing a button that would cycle through sets/banks of midi strings for amp/filter envelopes) and it would also be useful to have a few buttons to attach midi strings to.

The virus controls could be split into 7 sections (amp env, filter env, filter controls, mixer, osc section+lfo rate, effects and the 3 knobs below the display) with 2 buttons per section (3 banks/sets per section) so that you could change the bank/set for each section individually. Then it would also be nice to have a few buttons to assign strings to.