Beiträge von jlarrucea

Hi,

Thanks so much for your great response. I have too an AKAI APC40 and I guess I could use your same workflow but I think I got how to configure it the way I wanted...
    Finally I configured my oxygen's knobs to control Virus knobs (mainly filter cutoff and resonance) in midi channel 1 which should only work for Virus part1. But I found out that if I insert another
    midi tracks in live with an external instrument device configured with the "MIDI To" parameter to the respective Virus TI parts, then when record enabling this tracks and moving my oxygen's knobs, altough they are configured in midi channel 1 they do control the parameters of each Virus TI part because the external instrument device seems to forward the midi info to this part... So this way everything seems to work fine!!

As you seem to have experience with Ableton Live and the Virus TI I would like to make another question. I normally use Ableton Live for music composing and Logic for mixing. I render each Live track and just import them in Logic... I found that rendering "online" the Virus TI's tracks seems not to be possible and that the only way is to use an additional audio track with the "Resampling" input and resample each Virus TI track individually before being able to export them... Isn't there any fastest way to do this in Live??

Thanks again.

Hi,

I try to explain the issue further. I am trying to configure my Oxygen8 to control my Virus TI2 in Ableton Live. I have configured my Oxygen8 knobs this way:
    - Knob 1 --> control parameter 40, midi channel 1
    - Knob 2 --> control parameter 42, midi channel 1
    - Knob 3 --> control parameter 40, midi channel 2
    - Knob 4 --> control parameter 42, midi channel 2
    So, if Virus TI's parts would respond according to the midi channel, with knobs 1-2 I should be able to control the filter (cutoff and resonance) of virus part1 and with knobs 3-4 I should be able to control the filter in virus part 2. But it doesn't work, the Virus Control seems to respond only to the control parameter info without checking the midi channel info. So, when I use both knobs 1-2 and 3-4 they both control the filter of virus part 1. Virus Control seems to bypass the midi channel info.

I know I can use the "midi learning" functionalities of Ableton Live or Logic (I use both) but if I do so I will not able to use the "automap" functionalities of another VSTs (Kore2, Sylenth1, etc.).

Any idea of how to midi remote control the filter of differente Virus TI parts?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I'm trying to configure my midi controller to control the filter of the Virus TI. In Virus Control "Patch Utility-->Remote" section I can find the controller parameters (40-cutoff, 42-resonance) for the filter in part I. I have assigned these parameters to 2 knobs in my midi controller and they work fine but now I would like to assign another knobs to control the filter in other Virus TI parts. How can I know the controller parameters for the other Virus TI parts? I thought that perhaps changing the midi channel it should work but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance!