Beiträge von trancewave

I did other tests, Fortunately the problem is not with my Virus. I connected the OUT 1 L of the Virus to one of the audio inputs, and OUT 1 R to the other analog input on my sound card interface, now i get a normal stereo signal from the TI. My sound card have only two combined inputs so I assumed its input was stereo. now I have to contact Audient to get more information about it.

Hi!
    Im using my virus ti 2 desktop with USB outputs in cubase 10 without problems, now I'm trying to connect virus ti analogue outputs to have two extra outputs to my sound card inputs "Audient ID14" through a "Y" Cable (2X 1/4 jack ts Mono to 1x 1/4 jack Stereo).

I am using a kind of cable like this because on my sound card there are only two combined mic/line inputs.

but I have problems with virus analogue outputs. when i press play in cubase 10, I can hear the sound of my virus only if i pan the current patch completely to the right or left, or only if i set the output of current patch to "out1-R" or L, but no sound if set it to "out-1L+R". I also tried with the other three virus ti stereo outputs I also tried with two other cables like this one, but nothing different.

I tried to assign the outputs by VSTI in Cubase 10 and I also tried to put my virus ti in multi mode (without vsti) and assign the patch out by config menu in virus ti but the problem persist. I also tried with my different patches even with the patches already present in the synth.

the only thing I haven't tried is to connect a midi keyboard directly to the synt without using the sequencer. but momentarily I can't do it because my keyboard is broken.

still no problem with USB outputs that work great.

my synth is updated to the latest version

I use a PC with windows 10

Cubase Pro 10 as sequencer

Sorry for my bad English.

I think I've solved. I unistalled main usb "intel(r) USB 3.0 eXtensible - 1.0 " in device manager. after that I rebooted the PC. Windows has reinstalled the drivers by itself. Now i can connect my Virus TI 2 to the my external hub without errors.
    finally a bit of luck for me!
    Thanks again Marc

if the Virus is the only device on the hub, you should have enough bandwidth. did you look for driver updates? maybe that's simply a bug of the motherboard/usb driver?

thanks you Marc for your quick reply..
    I have connected only my virus to this hub. but there are no drivers updates for my motherboard for windows 10. In fact, there is only this driver " intel(r) USB 3.0 eXtensible - 1.0 Provided by Microsoft. I also tried to disable xHCI. but have not found this option in the BIOS.
    I'm really struggling with this new configuration :\

Hello everyone!
    I just upgraded my PC and i have some trouble with my virus ti 2 desktop.

This motherboard have only 6x usb 3.0 ports provided by intel chipset.
    So for better compatibility with virus I have decided to connect my virus ti 2 desktop to an usb hub, (manhattan Ultra Hub USB 2.0) It is a MTT hub and has an external power supply.
    But when i plug my virus on it i get this error: usb controller maximum limit reached. Why this?
    So I tried to connect my virus directly to an usb port on motherboard, and virus seems successfully detected by system, but on a another port of motherboard there is also connected my sound card "audient id14".
    might be in this case if i connect both sound card and virus to the usb ports of motherboard a risk that the usb transfer speed of my sound card will reduced to USB 1.1 ?

these are the main components:
    MB:asrock z170 pro4, CPU i7 6700k, RAM 16gb DDR4. Windows 10 x64, Sound card: Audient ID14.

Sorry for my very bad english I hope you can understand my question.

Have you tried to update os through virus control center.
    Try to install the new os with installer, then open control center. see if it recognizes your Virus.. then try update os with it.
    maybe first time it could be better to try upgrade with some older versions of os and next put the last firmware.

Sorry for my very bad english . I hope you have understood the concept :)

Hello!
    I always used my virus ti 2 desktop with total integration, and I always had some problems with my virus TI2 desktop mostly with syincronization and "steal" note . In fact, for years I placed it in the box for use soft synths. but now I decided to give to my virus ti 2 a chance.
    now with the latest updates It seems work much better, but it still gives me some trouble.
    sometimes when I press stop in my sequencer, BPM led start to blink like a crazy, and during play the complexity meter change bar value quickly
    but I noticed that, if i put the same patch on the second channel, instead first channel in virus control, my virus seems to give me less trouble. it seems more stable.

in your opinion what's the cause of these problems?
    Should I send my virus to a service center?

Actually this is my configuration:

PC: OS windows 7 x64
    MB: P8H77-V
    CPU I5-3570
    RAM: 16 GB DDR3
    SC: M-AUDIO DELTA AUDIOPHILE 192

Virus Ti 2 Destop OS: 5.1.1.0
    the virus is plug directly to the mainboard 2.0 usb port. there are not other devices connected to these ports. im using usb 3.0 ports with a hub for other devices.
    sequencer: Cubase 8.0.35 I do not use delay compensation or ASIO guard.
    project proprietes set to 48khz 24 bit 256 samples.
    I have just boughta new USB cable with double shielded. Produced by Lindy. without significant improvements.

Sorry for my very bad english, its not my language.

cheers

Gianluca M.