Beiträge von SpencerSteel

Crickey - this is the next thread I've read since the first two I read (see my introduction for what I'm talking about)

Hostile forum and hostile towards Access too ....

What have I bought into?

S.S. - a new guy.

Evening all ...

My name is Spencer Steel, im cracking on a bit - coming on 38 - I used to have an old skool dance band, back in '89, with a Korg M1, SH-101, Juno 106 and an old Akia 12 bit sampler - oh yeah, all on Atari ST with Cubase (can't remember what version)

I recently (2 years ago) got back into 'computer music' and have slowly been adding to my kit and just purchased my first Virus. It's moved on a lot obviously and very exciting.

I'm concerned about this forum though - I've read two or three threads and people seem really quick to critise around here ... I've read a thread where someone said 'if you don't know what the LIVE button does on your virus you should sell it." in response to the question 'what does it do?' - well it was me as well - I didn't know what it was ...

The next thing I read is someone helpfully posting about a PC plug that gets around limitations and he just got a load of mouth from Mac users ...

So ... let's get this out the way ... I use FL Studio. On a PC. Which I enjoy a lot. I'm worried this place isn't going to be polite to me ... FL is laughed at, and I gotta feeling so are PC's ...

It's pretty dissapointing to see - my early impressions of this site are ... HOSTILE ! 8|

Maybe I just got unlucky on my first trawl ... ;( I'll keep quiet and stick around ... there's some good information here regardless.

Hope everyone is well - I'll up a little photo of my studio soon ...

S.S.

Win 7 64 bit | FLStudio 9 | 8 gig | Dual monitor | Virus Ti2 Keyboard | Edirol PCR-500 | Genelec 8020a | Lexicon U22 | se2200a microphone | Favourite plugs: Spectrasonics Omnisphere/RMX/Trilian, oZone 4

Sorry for delay in getting back - but I didn't forget you all here!

I'm really excited - my ti2 should be here around the 16th ... this coming week .. I went for the full keyboard in the end (although the Polar does win on looks!)

I'm glad you're having no problems with Win7 64 and I'm even more pleased to hear you use FL ... I may well be hounding you soon :)

Roll on next weekend ! :thumbup:

Many thanks,

S.S.

Hello guys,

I am a 37 year old bedroom hobbiest 'musician', based in the UK and am very close to getting a Ti2 Desktop - but as I don't hold any aspirations of making a penny back for my tunes, it would be a big investment.

I know you are all going to laugh at me, but I'm a proud FL Studio user and won't be moving to anything else soon, as I get on well with it. But I heard rumours on their forums (from a while ago) that the Access software was not 64bit compatable yet.

Although I do see some drivers on this site now, can somewhere here confirm that they are running the VSTi software (whatever it is called) with Windows 7 64 bit without any glitches.

Also, I'm a little confused about the limitations of voices via USB 2.0 versus Midi etc. If anyone could explain what to expect or point me in the right direction, that would be helpful. Just so you know, I have a very small bedroom setup - a good PC with USB 2.0, Edirol PCR-500 controller, Genelec monitors and a small Lexicon U22 interface with only a couple of inputs and one midi in and one midi out (everything has been softsynth until now and I don't plan on getting any other hardware, so I'm happy) ... just so you know the level of 'noob' you are dealing with here :)

Does anyone have any comments about Desktop versus Full Keyboard .. i'm using my Edirol PCR-500 controller at the moment and my thinking is that money can always be spent on better controllers in the future ... just wondered what you're thoughts were. Space is a bit of an issue, although I do like the feel of a proper keyboard. Hmmm.

Finally - any comments ... I guess you are all happy with your Virus purchases, but any pitfalls for the newbie?

I realise it's a lot of questions, but I'm sure some kind soul will want to pass on their experiences ... I'm sure £1.5k was a lot of money to a few people here so you realise why I want to seperate the facts from the Virus myths and hype.

So anything is really appreciated ... I've got an unused bass guitar and a TB-6B fx rack to sell and I'm pretty much there for cash ... i've wanted one for about 12 months now and the urge is too strong :)

Thanks,

S.S.