Beiträge von valsolo

Does it transmit note data from your midi out port?... if NOT... then it is probably your keyboard rubber membrane switch in need of a clean...

If it DOES transmit note data... then its a software related problem. try resetting your virus.

Hope that helps. :thumbup:

'Thx for the reply. It sends aftertouch, but not the initial note on.

So, do You think I should open the Ti and check the "rubber membrane"? (see a lot of googleing & youtube in front of me in order to understand how it's done) :)

could you please send an example project to access support att. marc? i would like to check if above happens on our setup too, frankly i cannot see why the polysix should have an influence on the virus' track/voice count.
    thanks, marc

Hi Marc!
    I'm afraid I just deleted the whole shabang after testing. Won't be able to do it again soon as I'm in a studio the whole week (paying by the hr) :( Maybe I could do something next week. But as I said, for me it's a GREAT improvement as it is now (compared to b4) :)

Thx for everything,
    //Val

Well...

l can definitely notice an improvement :) Managed to add 7-8 tracks before I noticed any sync issues & I did try with 128, 256 & 512 buffer size. I also tried chunks of 4bar recordings, looped 4bar chunks & 16bar chunks.
    When I took it a step further and recorded a track with another softsynt (chose a Korg Polysix) I had to remove some of the virustracks - BUT I still had 6 working nicely.
    Then I added 2 tracks with vocals & it still worked. NOTE! I still sometimes (even with the Virus running alone) had to restart the song because it sometimes from the start (2nd bar) did some sync errors, but I can live with that.

So, summarizing. This update appears to have made a change (it might also be from a previous update, because I DID leave my Virus a bit unused due to all the problems (hopefully now) in the past...

I must point out that I've been nice to the Virus in this test. All channel outputs from the same USB1, no effects added in logic.. But still, it syncs MUCH better. And I'm happy for that..

That was my 5 Swedish kronor in this thread. Dunno if it helped anyone, but I managed to let go of a little steam :)

Cheers,
    //Val

My setup is as follows:

iMac i7 2,93 (4 core - 8 with hyperthreading), 8 GB RAM running on Mac OS X 10.6.8
    M-Audio FW1814
    Virus Ti Keyboard (connected directly to the iMac)

So far I've NEVER managed to get more than 2 virus channels "totally integrated" (without serious sync issues), and never more than 1 channel for more than 30 minutes. This has always forced me to record 1 Virus track, bounce it, record the next etc etc..

Now I've updated to the latest Virus version. Immediately I noticed recognition issues. After faultsearching for 1 hr I now now that if I want the virus to be recognized I CANT open Virus Control b4 I want to start Logic. If I open it, Mac OSX doesn't find the virus. Anyway, that is now solved.

Now I'm gonna se how many "naked" tracks I can run virus arpeggios on... I'll report back. AND I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

Thanks for everything,
    //Val

Hi mate!
    I think you have to provide a little more information..
    - What firmware version are you using?
    - When did this problem start?
    - What was the last thing you did before that issue rised?

Cheers,
    //Val

Please Help me. Some ti polar button, won't work fine. When i push the lfo 1 it select the lfo2. When i push the distorsion button, it select the sleep mode. SOme button do the wrong input. What happen?

Marc,
    Thanx
    for your fast response. I really appreciate your speedy response as I have been in the IT-support business for 10+ yrs now & know how tough it is.

Now, by knowing the limitations I'll try to use the gear as good as possible. Do you think the following approach is ok:

- Stay with the FW1814 as soundcard firewired to the Mac
    - Use the Virus Ti's analogue outputs only (to the FW1814) and using one of my Macs 2 USB ports for the Virus Ti
    - Use the Korg Micro-X as a Midi sound module without connecting it by USB (only by the Axioms Midi Out)
    - Fiddle with Logic's latency settings in order to be able to use other AU synths. This because I have analogue inputs involved (Ti & Micro-X)

and at last:
    - Would a selfpowered 2.0 USB hub between Mac & Virus Ti be of any use?

Cheers,
    //Val

Hi all!
    I can't seem to get my setup (see below) in sync when I use the Virus Ti analogue outputs simultaneously with the Virus Ti USB outputs. I dont want to limit myself using the Virus Ti ONLY in "usb mode". I invested money in a soundcard that could handle more i/o & I want to use'm :)

1. I've followed the tutorials (i/o buffer size - 64, Buffer range - small, cycle - 1/96 etc etc) + read every single post I could find in here (& elsewhere on the web) about sync/latency issues.
    2. My setup is:
    - Logic 8.0.2 (mac book pro running mac osx 10.6.2 in 32bit mode)
    - VC 4 on a Ti Desktop
    - M-Audio FW1814 (firewire external soundcard). Latest firmware. Using this as the audio device)
    - Axiom Pro (my "midi control unit")
    - Korg Micro-X (using as a sound module)

Connections:
    - MBP firewire to the FW1814
    - MBP USB to Axiom
    - MBP USB to Virus Ti
    - FW1814 midi to Korg Micro-X (have tried with the Micro-X connected via USB to the MBP as well using an unpowered USB Hub, but canned that due to even bigger sync issues). Sad, but I'll have to skip the Micro-X's AU plugin :thumbdown:

In order to avoid latency I've tried all different types of Logic latency compensations - both general settings & project settings, but with no success..

So..
    1. Can any1 give me any serious suggestions, I'm about to give up, sell everything & just stay with softsynths..sigh..?
    2. Would a self-powered USB hub help things up? That way maybe the MBP wouldn't have to power the connection to the Ti...? (remember reading that somewhere)

Thx in advance,
    //Val

the two brackets to rack mount a TI1 desktop were included and never sold separately.

best, marc

Thx 4 the info Marc. I bought mine (had to drive 1300km to get it) second hand without any brackets X(
    Didn't know they existed before I got my Ti. I'd better post some adds
    in order to buy a pair from some1 who doesn't use'm. I can't imagine
    that everybody with a Ti Desktop uses them ?(

Hi all!
    I've been calling around to different authorized Access-Music dealers in Sweden & Germany trying to get hold of a rack-mounting kit for my Ti Desktop (not Ti2) WITHOUT success. Could any1 from Access PLEASE point me in the right direction?

Best regards from the Swedish Bahamas (aka Malmö),
    //Val

Hi all!
    Got my Virus Ti 2 days ago & here I am. Have been a musician/producer/composer since 1983. Worked in Sweden & Bulgaria (!) as a musician & producer/composer.
    Nowadays I've sold myself to capitalism (aka have a regular job) and due to that I play/compose/produce just for myself & for the fun of it (like other ppl make drawings or take pictures).

My homestudio consists of:
    - MacBook Pro
    - M-Audio FireWire 1814
    - Genelec 8020
    - M-Audio Axiom Pro 49
    - Access Virus Ti Desktop
    - Alesis Micron
    - Korg Micro-X
    - A rusty Korg T3
    - A TSM MT87s Mk II mic

I've just packed up all my gear (after moving) + that I recently bought half of the gear. I've been spending all my spare time setting the homestudio up (thus my extremely important Q in another thread). Looking forward to contribute to this Forum.

Best regards from the Swedish Bahamas & long live Synthpop!
    //Val

Hi all!

Setup:
    Virus Ti Desktop
    M-Audio FireWire 1814
    Axiom Pro 49
    Logic 8.0.2
    MacBook Pro running SnowLeopard (10.6.2) in 32bit mode
    + a lot of other stuff non relevant to this Q

I just bought a Virus Ti Desktop & now I'm about to tear my eyebrows in dispair :( So far I've managed to:
    - Setup Logic (by creating aux channels & busses) so that I can get separate mixer channels for USB1 L, USB1 R
    - I've also got all 6 physical outputs from the Virus Ti connected to analogue inputs on the FW 1814
    - Fix the latency issues when one mixes Virus USB channels with the analogue channels

Now... my goal is to get 6 separate MONO mixerchannels in Logic so that I can add Logics effects to those.

How in Quantums name can I setup Logic so that I get separate mixerchannels for USB2 L & R + USB3 L & R?????

The video tutorial from Access uses Logic 7 which has a different environment setup. I've also now spent 24hrs searching the net - without success :(

My dream would be if any1 has a Logic 8 environment layer for Virus Ti made & could send that 2 me. Second best is to receive an explanation in here :thumbup:

Best regards & Please help

//Val