Beiträge von Litex

When I use TI plugin, I randomly have very strange issues with Logic 9 in OSX Snow Leopard. I have to pre-delay the MIDI track by ~180 tics at 130BPM to get things to line up (when they lined up perfectly minutes before). Then, randomly, everything is in sync again, and I have to remove the pre-delay. There is absolutely no way this is a bandwidth issue. When I run the TI Snow over MIDI only, returning the audio through a USB 1.1 audio interface plugged in to a hub, this NEVER happens. It is solid.

This is how I know it's not a bandwidth issue. I have driven 2 external stereo synths via MIDI, returning the audio over an M-Audio Connectiv interface running off of a USB hub, and I have never experienced audio drop-outs that would imply that USB is incapable of handling 2 stereo audio streams. If so, how is it even possible that things like Traktor w/ turntable interfaces or M-Audio Torq work at all? They require 2 stereo streams flowing at 100%, and work over USB 1.1... Wouldn't they constantly be dropping information over USB if it's so horrible?

Something doesn't add up. Why can I run a USB 1.1 audio + MIDI interface driving external hardware synths with consistent latency, but the TI is completely unreliable? Please remember my USB audio interface ran over a HUB with a bunch of other crap on it. The TI is not stable for me even with a dedicated port and only 1 stereo channel coming back in to Logic.

What is the explanation for this? I deal with editing my TI Snow via the front panel because I can't deal with the flaky plugin. (Which, kudos to Access, is quite reasonable to work with given the limited buttons/knobs!) MIDI + USB is consistent. The plugin is completely unreliable. I'd rather just have a plugin that sends MIDI CC's to the Virus and gives me a convenient way to do sound design in a reliable manner, but even fiddling w/ Live and Direct mode in the plugin has been flaky for me.

This is what bothers me most about the whole situation: My audio + MIDI interfaces work on a USB hub, and have for years. Why doesn't the TI, even when given its own port? Why isn't the Virus TI just a regular Virus with an integrated audio + MIDI interface? Sample accuracy means nothing to me when I can't even use the plugin as it was designed, and rely on it. When I bought the TI Snow years ago, I planned on using the plugin in live scenarios, but this is simply a non-starter. I'll fall back on my USB audio and MIDI interfaces....

Thanks much. I don't mean to be a jerk, and I know I repeated myself, but this has been bothering me for quite some time. :)

Cheers!

- Eric