Beiträge von hvyen

Hello Furious,
    it was almost a year ago. Do you still have parameter changes or success with a newer OS?
    Since a week the cutoff parameter by my TI2 changes itself. Later i will upgrade to OS 4.5 and give it a try.
    I've seen in a changelog that there is a fix. It says:
    Since: Ti OS 4.1.0 Public Beta: HI: Parameters do not change themselves anymore.
    Fingers crossed!

Greets,
    Marcel

So here comes mine:

Windows XP 32Bit

CPU:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 (nothing overclocked)

Motherboard:
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5

DAW:
    Ableton Live 8.1.3 or Cubase 5

Sound Card / Audio Interface:
    Integrated Sound Card by Korg Zero8 Mixer - sometimes I use a M-Audio Firewire 1814 Audio Interface or the integrated Virus TI sound card

ASIO driver in use:
    Adverts to the Sound Card / Audio Interface I'm currently using (I've never tested ASIO4ALL so far)
    The sample buffer is 512. Lesser causes clicks, pops and dropouts. :(

USB Devices:
    Lots and varying
    My motherboard has 8 USB ports.
    All port are taken by: Mouse / Keyboard / External HD / Printer / Midi Interface Emagic AMT8 / AKAI APC40 / Novation SL MK2 / Virus TI - no special USB e-PCI card for the Ti only in use!

Problems I had:
    - Pops and clicks
    - Delay and Arpeggiator out of sync
    - Ti channels out of sync to other Audio channels in Ableton Live (lateny compensation is turned on)

Solution:
    It's no joke, all I had to do was switching off The "Live Mode" in Virus Control before starting the sequencer.
    I always thought that the Live Mode will be deactivated automatically by starting the sequencer.
    Only the possibility to switch it on and off (while the sequencer is running) is deactivated, but Live Mode is still activated in the background.
    So: You have to switch off the Live Mode before you start the Seq!

Hi!
    It's a pity that I could not help you with the Live mode tip.
    Perhaps I should mention my system, DAW and settings:

I use Win XP 32-bit. I wanna use WIN 7 64-bit, but my Emagic AMT8 Midi Intercface is not supported by this.
    The DAW is Ableton Live 8.13 - Be sure to have the latency compensation turned on.
    Sometimes I use Cubase 5. No problems here, too.
    As audio interface mostly I use a Korg Zero 8, because of the ability to record 8 stereo parts simultaneously, but the latency is not good (33ms, in and out together)
    Using a M-Audio Firewire 1814 Audio Interface works also great as well as using the integrated Virus TI sound card.
    The sample buffer is 512, everything lesser causes pops, clicks and out of sync probs if I use a lot of audio channels.

AtonyB
    Yes, of course! I'll post the hint in your thread.

Greets,
    Marcel

When I use the TI the Virus seems to get more and more unstable. I experience clicks, arpeggiators running out of sync and when it gets worse stuck or missing notes and flickering lights. The TI plugin doesn't show any errors.

For two weeks I had the same problems with clicks, pops and arp-out of sync-problems. I checked everything from sound card options, Asio drivers, USB ports to DAW options, but nothing helped.
    Suddenly I've solved this problem and it was so easy (for me):
    I realized that in Virus Control the Live-Mode was switched on. If you start the sequencer now, you can't switch the Live mode off, and the button goes grey, to show you that you can not switch the Live mode off. What I thought was, that the Live mode is deactivated when the sequncer is running, but that's probably not true.
    So, I stopped the seq, turned off the Live mode and finally started again the seq and voila, no sound and arp-out of sync-problems anymore. I cant' promise you that this procedure helps you, but what I can say is, that I've solved the problems on this way. Perhaps you have switched on the Live mode in your VC?

Please give it a try and let me know!
    Greets,
    Marcel (Düsseldorf)

Hi guys!
    For weeks I'm searching the whole www, trying to get a tutorial how I can use the 3 USB Outs of my TI2 in Ableton Live8.
    What I have done so far:
    - In the "Common" section of Virus Control I set the option with 3 USB Outs
    - On the left side in VC where I can choose my patches, I set the 1. channel to USB1 LR, the 2. channel to USB2 LR and finaly the third channel to USB3 LR
    - I use the Virus TI as Sound Card
    - In Live8 I open the VC and 3 Midi channels. I make some Midi routings, so I can listen to all my sounds

I have to note, that I have only 1 Stereo Output in Ableton Live which I can switch on and off (Options -> Audio Output Configuration).
    I'm confused a little bit about that, because I think that I must have 3 Outputs there?! (3 USB Outs by the VC)

Now, I wanna rout my three patches to the 3 USB Outs, because I want different effects for each USB Out.
    Can you tell me how?
    It would be very nice if you can help me!!!

Many thanks in advance.
    Greets,
    Marcel

Oh yes, I have OS 4.05 installed. I didn't get the chance to test an older OS.
    OS 4.0.0 was already installed when I bought my Virus.
    Can I downgrad the OS to 3.0 without problems?

Have you tested enough? You don't have this problem with the mod wheel?

Yes, fingers crossed!!!!

Perhaps you can help me and try something out for me with your TI2 Keyboard? That would be nice!
    Above I described the following:

The problem is: The mod wheel makes parameter changes.
    For example: Choose a sound which you can modify strongly with the mod wheel, that your hear the changing of the sound better.
    Best example is: RAM A5 PhatlandBC.
    If you push the mod wheel down, the mod wheel doesn't affect the sound (no vibrato).
    If you push the wheel up, you can hear the modified sound (vibrato).
    Now let the mod wheel in the upper position and choose another soundpatch with the value buttons and directly go back and choose the soundpatch (RAM A5) which you had before again.
    With this action you should have the sound which is not modified by the mod wheel (no vibrato) but be sure the mod wheels position is up and never touch it.
    Now wait a few minutes (it could also happen in a few seconds) and the mod wheel will change the soundparameters to the value of the wheels position.
    Now the sound has vibrato again wihout touching the mod wheel.

I hope you understand everything and can try it for me???
    Many thanks in advance!

Many thanks Furious for posting the messages. All I can say is that it is NOT normal that the parameters are changing. Imagine you play a live gig and suddenly the sound changes. This will ruin your show! In February I was on the Depeche Mode concert in Düsseldorf (Germany) They had 3 Virus TI2. Imagine again, the 3 synths have had parameter changes! ;(
    Have you still warranty on your synth. I would send it for a repair. Nobody can live with the parameter changes.

Hi guys,
    yesterday I had a telephone call with Access. The guy said, that the problem with the mod wheel seems to be normal and other people have the same problem. Because of vibration while playing the keyboard, the mod wheel could change its parameters. Vibration??? The error appears whithout touching the virus! I do nothing! I had the problem with my Korg Radias, too. The knobs "Portamento" and "LFO2" changed their parameters itself. Korg said, that it was a defective board inside the Radias. The result: I got a new synth. The same with my Roland JP8000. This synth is now 12 years old. Some parameters are jiggling like crazy. I talked to a guy from Music Store in Köln (Cologne) in Germany. He said that the potentiometers could be defective or it is because of dust and I could clean it with a special spray or foam. In the next time I'll give it away for a repair.
    OK, what's to do?
    In my case (mod wheel) I have the chance to contact some friends. They can see, if they have the same problem like me.
    They have a Virus Keyboard, but the B-Version (Virus KB). Perhaps the problem only occurs on the TI's!?!?!
    Is anybody here in this forum and can see, if he has the problem with the mod wheel, too? To check this, I wrote a description above on the first site of this thread and you can read what to do.
    If other knobs are affected by parameter changing like our friend "Furious" has, I think it is defective or it's because of dust. I can't imagine that it is a software bug?! I'm not sure.

mbncp: Which parameters are chaning automatically at your Virus?

Greets,

Marcel

Dear friends,

I have this problem, too. Now I have my second TI2 Whiteout Edition Keyboard, because the first one had problems with the Mod Wheel. Last friday I changed my new Virus because of its error and I got a new one, but it has exactly the same problems. So I think it's a bug and not a mechanical problem, but I'm not sure. If all TI and TI2 Keyboard owners would check this, we can see it's a bug or not.
    The problem is: The mod wheel makes parameter changes.
    For example: Choose a sound which you can modify strongly with the mod wheel, that your hear the changing of the sound better. If you push the mod wheel down, the mod wheel doesn't affect the sound. If you push the wheel up, you can hear the modified sound (for example a vibrato of a bass sound). Now let the mod wheel in the upper position and choose another soundpatch with the value buttons and directly go back and choose the soundpatch which you had before again.
    With this action you should have the sound which is not modified by the mod wheel (no vibrato) but the mod wheels position is up.
    Now wait a few minutes (it could also happen in a few seconds) and the mod wheel will change the soundparameters to the value of the wheels position.
    I hope that you understand what I'm trying to explain. Please try it out so that we can see you have the same problem or not.
    My Virus is not controlled by other Midi-controllers!! Only a headphone is connected.
    Thanks and greets,

Marcel