Beiträge von Silexz

Hi,

I am running FL Studio 10.0.0 with a Focusrite Saffire Firewire (since discontinued) which is unable to select "normal" buffer sizes such as 64, 128, 256, etc. Rather, it sets the buffer length in milliseconds. I am running the Saffire at 2ms, which happens to be 88smp for whatever reason.

This setting works extremely well when I am using MIDI and recording audio (ie not using Virus Control or usb).

Recently I decided to update to OS5 and start using Virus Control again...but now I am getting a Virus TI setup diagnostics message that reads, and I quote:

"Virus TI has discovered a setup problem. The host is using an odd audio interface buffer size which causes communication problems. Please adjust the buffer size to any of the following sample values instead: 64, 128, 256, 612."

I have spoken with the support staff at Focusrite and as mentioned above, I cannot select said "normal" values.

So my real question is...what is really going on here? What is this "communication problem," and how does it manifest itself? I get this message every time I load the vst instance of VC. Is it a real problem? Should I quit music?

Thanks,
    Sile