Beiträge von Hanschr

After reading the thread again I realise that the question is not what I thought he ment multitimbral instances or something (I dont even know myself ;( ) Anyway apparrently as I read in several forums and websites no sequencer host lets you do that when you have a multitimbral plugin. You have to bounce to audio.... I just cant see why it cant be done when you can do all the rest... But I guess it has to be mase possible from the vst-instrument before possible in sequencers.

Yes it can be done you just need the right software plugin (FX-freeze) that wraps the virus TI and then you can split every instrument from virus to a separate midi channel. I will post a tutorial soon when I have the time if my thread doesn't just get closed because of some strange argumentation. ( [WIN ONLY!] Get more instruments and polyphony with the Virus TI in your sequencer with this little sweet plugin: )

FX Freeze is a nice little plugin that can improve the number of your mulitimbral instruments drastically.

FX Freeze

What it can do goes far beyond the freeze-function in Cubase 5 (which I use). The Virus doesn't allow you to freeze a VST-track. If you try to do it you will get a pop up message from Virus that tells you it's a no go!

The only way to do it in Cubase is either: 1. To bounce the miditrack to an audio-track while muting the rest of the tracks. 2. To connect the balanced outputs to the soundcard inputs and record an audio track while playing the Virus-plugin midi/instrument track. Then you have to mute the midi-track and you end up with two tracks that is taking up space and looking horrible. Editing is also a pain.

If you instead use the FX-Freeze wrapper you can do it much faster and elegant without even getting an extra audiotrack just like normal freeze in Cubase.

What the plugin does: The plugin splits every added instrument in Virus to a new MIDI channel so you actually will see one instrument on channel 1, 2 etc. in Cubase and not just one channel. If you have an instrument that is very complex you can then choose to freeze this instrument only instead of freezing every instrument like you normally do in Cubase (which Virus wont even let you do anyway). So when one instrument is frozen you can still play the other one(s) without any problems.

A very brilliant feature is that you don't have to freeze the instrument through the whole song. You can choose to freeze it for 2 bars and then make it playable again afterwards (in realtime of course). That's a good feature if you want to be able to hear everything in realtime and right away record something afterwards without doing anything else than you normally would do if you hadnt ran out of voices.

You will only see the midi-notes and no audio like the normal freeze function in Cubase. You can choose how many channels you want to freeze at a time and which ones of course. Unfreezing works like a charme also.

The way you freeze a track for a certain amount of time is to simply press freeze in the Wrapper and then push the play button in Cubase. When you want the freeze to stop you just press stop. So you can freeze it for 10 seconds or bars and then make it playable instantly after without hearing any pops or crackling. And no audio channel have to be made.

If you try to play the piano on the partly frozen track you can play just before the freeze and just after. If you play that channel while freezing nothing happends (like with a normal audio-channel).

One thing to know is that it's not possible to freeze the whole VST-Virus plugin at a time. Then you will get the no go screen again from Virus. Thats probably because the Wrapper just let Cubase take over. But you can still freeze all the tracks you prefer at once, just check the midi-channels in the Wrapper instead of pushing the Global-freeze button.

Now I think that's a nice thing ;-).

Have you tried to do such a simple thing as switching the USB-cable and check if it is malfunction?

Else try to go to device manager and look for conflicts. I would also try to remove the device in the device manager before reinstalling the drivers.

That's worth a try.

Could it be that the arpeggiator is taking so many voices after each other in short time because of the higher tempo that the virus simply runs out of voices? If that is so it's crazy. I'm only using a preset-pad pressing a maximum of 5 notes at a time and a bass preset on the second track.

Anyone?

Today I got my first hardware-synth (a Virus TI2 off-course desktop version) and I have played a bit with it. Neverless I can't get a simple thing like recording a song with 2 virus tracks in Cubase working (Virus set in sequencer mode).

The first instrument is a pad with an arpeggiator. When I recorded it in Cubase 5 with the Virus synced as slave i had no problem. But then I added another instrument (in Virus) and recorded it with the tempo set down to 90. Both tracks worked perfectly but when I speeded the tempo up to 120 notes began to either cut of or simply note played. I am only using max 5 voices on track 1 and 1 on track 2. Is the Virus running out of power or something when speeding up and having the textues circle faster?.

When i choose the second instrument in Virus every sound I went through was arpeggiated in the same way but I switch the arpeggiator of because i didn't want it. I think it was a bit strange that every sound automatically was set with the same arpeggiator when i chose another instrument on channel 2 in the virus because the effect seemed like it wa local and not global/common.

This might be a simple issue but I can't seem to find a solution.

Thanks for listening!