Beiträge von r12

it's because the red LEDs of the virus c make it sound warmer. and the size of the housing + the wood makes it sound deeper.
    marc

lol.

Are the DACs the same?

By the way, I wish you guys had kept the red LED theme for later models, or at least offered it as an option. Red light is well known for being the least hard on night vision. The contrast isn't painful like with other gear with white/yellow LEDs. It's GREAT for playing late at night in the dark!

Pff, don't get caught in the "this vs this" game, they each have their own characteristic sound. The idea any of those softsynths listed can compare to the Virus TI is a total joke in my opinion anyway.

Some soft synths (Zebra etc) may be more flexible but the Virus has its own characteristic sound. If this is a sound that pleases you, just get the Virus. Plus you can't beat the hands on control the Virus offers.

Ignore what the ohter people say. If you like the Virus, it needs to be in your studio.

What would I do to connect lfo 1, with osc 1 or 2, so that wen a note is pressed once, everything stays the same, but when you hold the note the lfo kicks into play?
    any help,thanks

It'd be easier to just do this with LFO3 since it has a delay parameter.

However you could still do something like this with LFO1, if you modulated LFO1 with a rising sawtooth LFO with LFO2 or 3, or an envelope.

I don't have the TI - I have a KC myself - but honestly I think blackstone's warnings are an exaggeration. Most people don't seem to have many, if any, issues with the unit. Few people come to forums to say "My TI is working fine," so it can lead one to believe that problems are more common than they are.

It sounds great. The build is great, particularly the keybed, which is the best I've ever used. Support is amazing (I had my first support email responded to in under 15 minutes on a Sunday... incredible.)

I'd look into a TI yourself. I would've gone that route if I could've afforded it. The price jump to get a TI2 is a bit too much to justify getting that over a TI.

Cool, thanks for the clarification Raz. I've heard a lot of acid trance music dripping with 303 lines but I wasn't quite sure on that sound - if you have one on hand I trust your opinion. It really is wild what you can do with it!

Hrmm, I've played with a 303 before and I certainly recognized similarity but I swear the timbre is somewhat different, more dissonant... maybe I'm just deaf? I'll see if I figure anything out.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    at 3:45 a somewhat dissonant lead enters the track. I've heard this in a few other places (Samurai Jack :D) but I've never stumbled across this sonic space while programming any synthesizer. It seems it should be a fairly simple sound, so I guess I'm missing something obvious...? Anyone able to enlighten me?

I think he's referring to this:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

EDIT: OOPS! You're after a totally different sound, sorry for the juvenile advice :P. I'll leave these posts up anyway in case its helpful to some newbie.

Didn't download those files (I don't own a copy of Fruity Loops anyway) but the basic idea is just...

1 osc, square waveform. 1 *bandpass* filter, cutoff set to minimum, resonance to maximum, envelope amount to about half.

Set attack on both filter envelope and amp envelope to 0, sustain on both to 0, and release on both to 0. Set Decay on filter to about 1/3rd and decay on the amp to about half.

Max out the digital distortion on this sound, crank up the sub osc.

Set to Mono1, PUNCH Intensity = 127, and oscillators to PhaseInit = 1.

Should be decent...