Beiträge von Synthtoast

from my experience crackles seem to be a different issue to what this solves, unless you are specifically talking about when adjusting tempo?

what is your soundcard driver buffer size and are you using the virus as a soundcard or another device?

do you get any pitch warbling on the clocked delays and the arp changing its timing? because that's what this workaround got rid of for me and some others.

I have a new problem.

When im playing back midi tracks or trying to record the audio of the TI in live, the virus seems to trigger the midi playback like a 16th to a 32nd too soon and then very quickly readjusts itself. basically what this results in is the virus playing too soon but not consistently playing early which could be solved by adjusting track delay, instead its as if the first note is played too soon but then the rests goes back in time which results in a botched recording everytime. very frustrating. I have to create a midi message before the first note plays to correct this and then remove it after recording which is a real pain.

anyone else dealt with this and might have found a solution?

For the few years ive been using my TI with total integration only so I can remember if, when only using midi cables (old school setup) TI receives SPP (song position pointer I think) to keep the lfo's playing back correctly no matter where you put your start marker in your daw.

For example if I have a slow 8 bar lfo phase then the phase will stay static throught those 8 bars, regardless of changing the playback point in the song.

I actually would like to know about the C models ability or inability to do this as I plan on purchasing one to add to the small power of the TI snow.

For the few years ive been using my TI with total integration only so I can remember if, when only using midi cables (old school setup) TI receives SPP (song position pointer I think) to keep the lfo's playing back correctly no matter where you put your start marker in your daw.

For example if I have a slow 8 bar lfo phase then the phase will stay static throught those 8 bars, regardless of changing the playback point in the song.

I actually would like to know about the C models ability or inability to do this as I plan on purchasing one to add to the small power of the TI snow.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I thought I would create a video, I sorted out out the "visual runtime error" by updating some windows stuff and now its solid. this is how VC should behave.

This is the USB hub that ive been looking at:

http://us.dlink.com/products/connect/7-port-usb-2-hub/

i cant find information as to whether it is MTT or STT.

is the usb hub route pointless unless it is MTT?, i don't care about the speed of other devices that i may use if they are slowed down to usb 1 speeds. in fact i don't care if i have to use the usb hub solely for the virus ti as long as i can get it to work after all these years.

ive had the typical sync issues that many are dealing with.

this synth sounds better than life itself but I have struggled for years with the frustration of issues on multiple systems and it has driven me crazy, this solution does work for me but as I said i get crashes of the plugin with a visual runtime error, which is a problem.

on the other hand i figured out a way to automate in the DAW without using midi cc so that's pretty cool,

please, if you try it, let me know if it works for you without any errors.

I just downloaded Image Line's Minihost Modular (its free) and ran it inside ableton live as a vst plugin, inside of minihost I loaded VC and I have never been so free of sync issues ever, I messed around and used all four parts on my snow to create a bit of Depeche mode like instrumental and I didn't get one sync issue besides a moment of playing catch up and making that warbled effect as the delays change their timing. I did have to push the "LIVE" button for it too play in time though but other than its like i finally have a virus ti now. didn't even seem to go out of sync with the arp being used which I have never been able to use before. I did not get ONE red bar at the bottom.

I am getting some kind of visual runtime error though but im guessing that has to do with the fact that modular minihost is in beta, you can also run it standalone with some MIDI gear and I did this quite successfully too but this is similar to running it one of those other tiny vst hosts where you get other problems like a lack of "song position" info or whatever its called being sent to the synth and it kind of runs on just a free cycle.

automation seems it will be tricky but more than possible. (where can I get a cc list for the virus ti snow?)

I hope this helps all of those that were in my position.

backwards and forwards.

no.

some of us are saying the issue is not with us.

the issue is with the virus ti and after years of reading the same issues being experienced by a lot of people i cant believe that it still needs to be spelled out over and over again.

there are considerable sync issues even when we have confronted numerous possibilities for them and eradicated any doubt that our system(s) are to be the cause but instead the virus TI system is the problem.

if i have to get into the specifics of the virus ti sync issues then obviously there is a great lack of awareness as to how screwed the virus ti can be.

dunno why. we been moaning since the beggining.

it dosnt sound quite like digital distortion that ive heard. obviously turning up resonance quite high seems to be able to cause it nice and easily im quite sure you shouldn't be hearing distortion just from turning up the resonance and the filter down on an init patch.

where is it overloading? it shouldn't be.

very easily caused as I said by very large sound in the lower mids.

I should obviously add that its not my sound system.

hi I saw no one replied. I used studio one a while back with the virus and I remember it working out better than in Cubase. at least that is my opinion. cant guide you step by step but just letting you know its possible and also works well.

ive got a new issue with distortion in ableton live on a pc.

using usb inputs and no matter what patch i use there is a very irritating distortion at low levels even.

i thought i heard it a few days ago in another track i was working on but in this new song its far more obvious because of the types of cleaner sounds im using for it.

its not buffer related. its not clipping. I need help.

please just make a standalone vst so i dont have to create patches with the limited interface of the snow hardware. i have also given up on vc - its been impossible from day 1.

im hardly using the virus it because of the pain of programming it and its a real shame because i dont have anything else that can sound so beautiful.

if i knew how bad the whole total integration concept was going to be for me across 2-3 years and on many different pcs with 30 different usb cables and 2 different usb hubs etc. do you think i would have bought a snow model?

i have a glorified metal box in front of me. unless you want to try access everything through a little screen and going click click for the rest of the music session YOU NEED VC....

feel sorriest for us snow users who have had to do away with vc.