Beiträge von cprovenzo

as for seeing where they are, right click is your friend.

best, marc

Control click on a mac just lets you sort alpha, delete and undo last operation, I don't see an option to locate the patch???

EDIT: Ohh I stand corrected, I see what you are referring too, only happens after you do a search......thanks for that tip!!!!

Unless I'm missing something there is no way to use additional aux's in Logic to split the stereo feed based on the panning inside Ti C. The problem is you cant choose where your send comes from, only whether it's pre or post fader and whether it's post pan........if I could could choose to feed the send from the left or the right channel then this would work.........Were you referring to cubase with this example?

I just realized, maybe you were thinking of Logic 7? Since Logic eight, you can't manually add aux's with instrument outputs as their inputs, you have to choose a multi version of the plugin, and hit the little plus sign on the instrument track to add the auxs, whether you make them mono or not you only get two auxs plus the actual instrument track, so making them mono doesn't really help you isolate anything because you are essentially loosing the other channel (i.e. left or right signal)......

I just recently installed every sound library that you can download off the access website and I noticed something, if you do a category search, you get an awful lot of duplicate patches showing up in the browser, sometimes 4 or 5 instances of the same patch........does this happen to you too? Anyone know a way to fix this? It would be nice to see where these patches are coming from, possible different soundsets..........this used to happen to me before I installed all the soundsets, I figured it was the backups showing up twice, but now it's out of control.......

well I just got home and I can confirm that there definitely appears to be a bug with using the Ti C. in 64bit mode in Logic.......I opened up a 32bit instance of Logic and loaded up Ti C. and as you said, I could see the complete list of automation parameters..........I then opened up a 64bit instance of Logic and loaded up Ti C. and have seen a different list every time I open the automation parameters list, at least that is what happened the first few times I opened it, now what it's showing as of now is a single list....ie I don't get sixteen parts to choose from, and on that single list it goes

[1] Filter1 Cutoff
    [1]Filter 1 Res
    [1] Osc Volume + Sat
    [1] Softknob 1
    [1] Softknob 2
    [1] Softknob 3

Then it repeats this list but puts a [2] in the brackets all the way to [16]..........After [16] I see something that say part 12 which opens a menu window that shows [4] Filter 1 Cutoff, then after the part 12 menu thingy I just see a bunch of words that say unmapped........

So needless to say I think the glitch is with the 32bit bridge, or how it interacts with Ti C.

Can anyone else confirm this??

Could it be because I'm using Ti C. in 32bit mode with the 32bit bridge? I'm not at home so I can't say for sure, but I'm almost positive I only see 4 or 5 parameters in logic by default, if my memory serves me it's something like cutoff, vol, two parameters I can't think off and then assign 1........I will verify this for sure when I get home, but I'm almost 99.9% sure I don't see the whole list.......

I don't know what program you are using, but couldn't you hook the virus up via USB and standard Midi, and use a instrument track with TI Control to manage your presets, but use a standard midi track set to the proper port/ channel that feeds your virus for the recording..........I'm not sure if the virus can receive both usb and standard midi at the same time, but if it can, I would think this would be a possible work around.....

I agree with you though, a preference to use the standard mid ports and still use the browser would be a nice feature.......I would think it wouldn't be too hard to implement either.....

To access 16 separate midi tracks that control one instrument in Logic, all you do is create the instrument track, put the Virus TI, on it, and then click Track > New Track with Next Midi Channel......that will create a midi track that will still feed into the previous instrument track......for some reason on my comp I still have to go and change the midi channel of the newly created midi track from the inspector........I can't help you with the output config cause I'm not on my Daw right now and I don't won't to miss inform you

Hey guys,

I'm kinda new to the virus, just got mine a couple months ago and I had a couple questions about the browser in TI Control....

First off, aside from the video, can anyone recommend where I can learn more about using the TI Control......there is absolutely nothing about it in the manual that came with my TI2, and the addendum seems to only cover the new features in OS 4.0.......Is there not a full manual on TI Control???

Secondly, and more specifically, I was wondering what the difference is between the regular Virus TI 2 Banks, and the one that says Virus TI2 Backup.......I noticed they have different patches in their so I was just trying to figure out what these actually were....... ;)

Yeah it's working for me too......occasionally it gets out of sync (with the red warning), but a quick restart of the song get's it back in sync.......sounds like a hardware or preference issue with Logic.....maybe you could post your system to help figure out the problem...

Can someone explain what the Direct Monitor feature is for..........I mean I pretty much understand what it does, routes the output to the analog output 1 and matches that outputs latency with the USB.....I guess I'm just wondering why we have this.........One benefit I found is it makes it easier to bounce tracks, since now I don't have to buss out to a audio track, but is that the real reason we have this......Just curious.....