Beiträge von berni

Yeah definitely, always looking for fresh new material in any electronic genre, chill, ambient, house, techno. breaks, dub, D&B etc. I love it all, especially indie stuff that has'nt had much exposure. I do some reviews of some of the podcasts I listen to at the moment in episode 009...bit of a laugh! Anyone interested you can check it here...

Check out my new Podcast,

Electronica with Berni here...

http://www.djberni.com

and here...

http://itunes.apple.com/podcas…ca-with-berni/id376111904

Sorry I couldn't help you out more bro...thanks for the kind words on the tracks! Just one more thing before you switch to good ol' MIDI+audio...try 256 as the buffer. That's what I'm using now...gives me about 6 ms latency which for me is pretty playable (trust me I can't deal with latency usually, but 6 seems to be okay? anything more and it screws me up). Try that and see if you can't get a decent track count. If that don't work then yup time to sell it or just use it the old fashioned way. Definitely don't waste any more time troubleshooting, it'll just kill your creativity.

I see you're in Miami, you going to the WMC this year? It's in a couple weeks...

Hey no worries bro, trust me if there was a way to get it working on my set up I would have got it already, not my first rodeo if you know what I mean. I appreciate your input. As for WMC I will be staying at the Cardozo on Ocean drive for Amateur Week ; )

No that I've never done. Is that what you have?

Yes & likely to remain so until Mac come out with there new OS.
    Well the good news is I can actually get VC working on my set up & it's actually quite stable as long as I dont use multi mode, thanks for your suggestions. The bad news is that I have to set my H/W buffer to 128 samples which totally kills my track/plug in count to the extent that it is just not feasible having this one crappy plug-in working & the rest of my set up severely compromised. At the risk of repeating myself I thought the whole point of having a hardware synth was to cut down on my computers resources not totally take it over...I have many VI's & not one of them is as demanding as this bitch.
    At this point I am going to content myself with using it the good old fashioned way, midi leads & audio outs, its just less frustrating than trying to get VC working every other week, not to mention taking up way too much of my time. I bought this thing to make music NOT a science experiment.
    Further down the line who knows? They might get it right or they might go bust. For now if I need to use VC then I'll just boot up Live & run the VST version which does'nt have half as many problems as the RTAS version.
    Thankyou for your time & input my friend & some nice tracks on your Myspace ; ) You can always tell the musicians from the assholes on forums like this.

Peace.

Hahah yeah who in the music industry uses Pro Tools...on Macs?!? That's so rare! I'm just fugging with you Antony you're the most helpful guy on this board, thanks for everything you do here.

Berni: I've been using my Virus in PT on Mac for the last couple of years with no problems. You can hear it on most of my records so you know I'm not making it up or anything. I had initial setup problems like everyone else, then I figured it out, and I posted everything I learned on this board. Have a look at that post and if it's not helping, tell me what's up and we'll work through it.

Can you give me a clue where this post might be? Also are you on HD or LE as I know of one person here that managed to get it working on an HD system but I'm on LE. Thanks for the helpful reply.

It's a shame I don't have access to either... that is, if I could stand touching a mac... ew... Pro tools AND MAC... brrr...

Feel free to continue using it, though, don't mind me...

Yes it is a shame, otherwise you might know what you are talking about. Pro tools was a mac only program for a very long time & Logic still is AFAI know.
    I will continue to use it, just not with VC until they can get a professional, stable working version going like the rest of the software in my studio.
    Thanks for your input Mr fruity loops ; )

Hey chris,

If you are not smart enough to write your own post dont bother, you obviously dont have anything to add to the thread. Just quoting other people makes you a dumb ass. But I digress...
    The VST hosts & the PC platform are the ones that have recieved the most engineering as these are the biggest user base & pretty much the only ones available when the TI/VC first came out. If you cant get it working there, then all is lost, but really no big deal only after you spend a more $$$ & days figuring it out. I use pro tools as my main DAW on a MAC & although RTAS compatibility was announced over 2 years ago it STILL does not work on my machine no matter what I do, but you dont know anything about that right? I'm also guessing you dont know anything about the AU version also?. On the same set up I can run the VST version ( the one you have ) in Ableton Live. So PLEASE stop talking about stuff you know nothing about. If access can't get it to work & I cant get it to work then it just does'nt work...END OF STORY...

End of rant!

P.S.

I Have serious cash for anybody out there that can tell me how to get this thing working in pro tools LE on a MAC!!!

Not at all, I just had to (un)tick a couple of boxes, and buy a USB PCI card because I had too many USB devices. The trick is knowing which of the possible small things you need to do.

Well I would'nt say that having to buy another piece of hardware to run this plug-in was exactly a 'plug & play solution' would you? I think you are totally missing the point. I bought a hardware synth thinking it would get rid of a lot of the hassles of VI's...not at all the case here unfortunately.

Well at least you are being positive about the thread unlike mental...but what you are both missing is the difference not only in the set up but the different versions of VC ie VST, AU & RTAS, I can run the VST version in Ableton live on my computer without too many problems, though not perfect by a long way but the RTAS version on the same set up is totally unusable. It is also obvious that you had to pretty much configure your computer to run this thing which kind of contradicts the whole point of buying a hardware synth in the first place. No VI has ever given me this much grief.

I liked the synth parts & FX/samples in this track but I agree with Fringe, the drums & bass are sadly lacking. If you are making drum & bass these are the areas that should be the main focus. Just my 2c.

black and white my friend
    somebody likes white , and somebody likes black
    personally i have white polar , i like white polar :rolleyes:

I would have been more impressed if they put out a purple one or maybe a flourescent green or orange...the psy trancers would love that ; )