Beiträge von HotzingTone

I think the trick is to open your live set from the LIVE file menu. Simply doubleclicking it from the download folder opens an empty set here too.
    Anyways-i ran your liveset for a while and restarted the clip rapidly while twiddling some knobs on the TI hardware and had the plugin run in LIVE mode with no problems.
    No Syncerrors or audiodropouts.
    I use a 15 inch Macbook pro with a Virus desktop and dont have MAX (demo doesnt work in LIVE only as standalone)

Thank you for your try :) But the test must be taken with MAX for LIVE.
    Without MAX for LIVE, the bug will occur too, but it needs more time. Test it by hand for 5 hours is such boring, if you don't want to do that, then just always use VC with window opened, LIVE mode turned on, and set the Global Quantization (of Ableton Live) to "None", you will see the bug soon or later.

I've just done the test on other machines, both Desktop and Snow, the results are the same as the one on my TI. And the sound of Snow is even more unstable than Desktop.
    So now I am 100% sure about it, there is clearly a bug in OS 4, which is related to many noisy / mute / sync error problems reported here by users.

The file test.als is not empty. Did you follow the steps of the test exactly?
    I think maybe you took the test in Ableton's arrangement view, yes it's empty there, but the test should be taken in the session view, don't you see there are 3 midi clips?
    If you are still interested in it, could you please do the test again exactly following the steps? I think in all probability you can see the bug.

Also I've uploaded the test file here too:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4CI8J05L
    Maybe it's easier for downloading.

Thanks a lot :)

Maybe I need to point out the key point of the test again:
    When the VC plugin window is open, and the LIVE mode is turned on, the sound becomes unstable, and it just happen in OS 4, not in OS 3.
    The bug seems related to the computer display thing, so maybe anyone who runs Ableton and TI on 13 inch Macbook Pro will probably meet this bug, of course this is just my guess.

Hi, Marc :)

You mean you have done the test in both Window and Mac? The issue does occur obviously in my Macbook Pro, but I don't know if it occurs in Window or not.
    I post this just for finding out how many other users have the same problem, so if anyone would like to take the test, please post the result, no matter what it is.

Thank you!!

Hi, everyone, I am here to report a fatal bug in OS 4, this bug can occur during live performance, it mutes the TI or get it noisy.

To see if your unit has the same bug, simply follow these steps to do the test:

1, You need Ableton Live 8.1.1or greater, Max/Msp 5 installed. ( The demo version of Max/Msp is OK too, download it from http://cycling74.com/downloads/ )
    2, Download the test file I made. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4CI8J05L
    3, Unzip and open the test folder, launch test.als with Ableton Live.
    4, In the session view of Ableton Live, there are 4 tracks, the 4th track contains the MAX device.
    5, Focus on the MAX device window, you can see "TI", "FM8", "Analog", right under each one of them, there is a small white box.
    6, Click the FM8 or Analog box, track 2 or track 3 will play, steadily repeating C3 note.
    7, Open the FM8 or Analog plugin window, just let it plays for a while, it is very stable.
    8, Now click the box again to stop the FM8 or Analog clip. Click the TI box to start track 1.
    9, You can hear the sound sometimes is not so stable.
    10, Open the VC plugin window, the sound becomes more unstable.
    11, Turn on VC's LIVE mode, the sound now is very unstable. Let it plays for 1 hour, it is probably get noisy or mute. Bug found.
    12, Restart Ableton Live, do step 8 again, but this time close the VC plugin window, and minimize the LIVE window.
    13, The sound is much stable than step 9, 10, 11.
    14, Install TI OS 3.3.4, do the test again. The sound is stable, no bug found.
    15, Please tell me the result, and also report to Access support.

Maybe someone think that the problem comes with the MAX device, let me explain: What MAX here do is stop and play the MIDI clip rapidly, just to make the bug more obvious, but not create the bug, it's just like a magnifier, takes us to a close look at the bug. Without the MAX device, the bug is hard to be noticed at most of the time, but when you can notice it, it kills you. Surely you maybe want to test the bug without MAX, then just open the VC plugin window and turn on LIVE mode, keep sending MIDI notes into TI for 5 hours, it has a high probability to get the bug.

Thank you everyone :)

Hi, everyone, I am here to report a fatal bug in OS 4, this bug can occur during live performance, it mutes the TI or get it noisy.

To see if your unit has the same bug, simply follow these step to do the test:

1, You need Ableton Live 8.1.1or greater, Max/Msp 5 installed. ( The demo version of Max/Msp is OK too, download it from http://cycling74.com/downloads/ )
    2, Download the test file I made. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4CI8J05L
    3, Unzip and open the test folder, launch test.als with Ableton Live.
    4, In the session view of Ableton Live, there are 4 tracks, the 4th track contains the MAX device.
    5, Focus on the MAX device window, you can see "TI", "FM8", "Analog", right under each one of them, there is a small white box.
    6, Click the FM8 or Analog box, track 2 or track 3 will play, steadily repeating C3 note.
    7, Open the FM8 or Analog plugin window, just let it plays for a while, it is very stable.
    8, Now click the box again to stop the FM8 or Analog clip. Click the TI box to start track 1.
    9, You can hear the sound sometimes is not so stable.
    10, Open the VC plugin window, the sound becomes more unstable.
    11, Turn on VC's LIVE mode, the sound now is very unstable. Let it plays for 1 hour, it is probably get noisy or mute. Bug found.
    12, Restart Ableton Live, do step 8 again, but this time close the VC plugin window, and minimize the LIVE window.
    13, The sound is much stable than step 9, 10, 11.
    14, Install TI OS 3.3.4, do the test again. The sound is stable, no bug found.
    15, Please tell me the result, and also report to Access support.

Maybe someone think that the problem comes with the MAX device, let me explain: What MAX here do is stop and play the MIDI clip rapidly, just to make the bug more obvious, but not create the bug, it's just like a magnifier, takes us to a close look at the bug. Without the MAX device, the bug is hard to be noticed at most of the time, but when you can notice it, it kills you. Surely you maybe want to test the bug without MAX, then just open the VC plugin window and turn on LIVE mode, set the Global Quantization of LIVE to "None", keep sending MIDI notes into TI for 5 hours, rapidly stop and play, tweak the knobs, it has a high probability to get the bug.

Thank you everyone :)

In many cases, we would like to work in standalone mode, which is more stable, more portable, more simple, easier and faster. However, the UI on lcd limits much. So, it would be nice to have a extended UI. Maybe it will be a iPAD plugin, with Virus Control style looking.
    What do you say? :)

The test I do:

1, Dump Multi with software "Elektron C6", via USB port.
    2, Change the original multi program and store it.
    3, Dump Multi back to the machine.
    4, Part one get mute, some other parts sound different from the original ones.
    5, Reset the unit, the changed program made in step 2 is back.
    6, However, the dumped Multi program is gone.

Hi there,

I use Elektron C6 software to receive and save the dump, however, when I send that dump back to the TI, it turns out a broken program, and I had to reset the unit.

Is there any tips for this?

Could anyone please tell me? Thank you very much!!

I post part of the email replied to me from Access, hope that it is useful for other users.

..."Also regarding the Multimode problem: we are aware of a bug of parameters changing randomly by themselves short after switching on TI units in OS 4.0.5 and this will be fixed in an upcoming release."...

I accessed the MULTI mode, the initial multi patch "0 Init Multi" was loaded, I can hear normal sound from PART_01 while I press the AUDITION button, and then I did nothing to the machine but looking at the lcd, rare thing happened: some parameter changed by themselves, the DETUNE, the WAVESELECT, the LFO, the SEMITONE, the SUB VOLUMN, one by one; after that, it sounded differently. I switched off the machine and unplugged the power supply, reset the machine (plug the power supply and press ARP EDIT button), the whole same thing happened again.

Besides that, I found that everytime I switch between multi patches, I have to wait before the new patch is fully loaded, otherwise if I send midi event during this time, the PART_01 will get mute until machine reset.