Beiträge von Viron

Thanks Flabberbob. Can you explain what you mean by setting Ti to 2 out? Do you mean change it from the current 3 out, to only 2 outputs?

The thing is, this was never a problem before upgrading to the latest OS, so I really don't think it is anything other than something Access has changed in the new build. I've never needed to revert back to an older OS, but in this case, it might be the best option for me. Can this be done?

Thanks all,
    Viron

I've heard of this problem for years from many people, but it's never happened to me before until going to 4.5.3.00. Arp will start off ok and play fine until it is re-triggered, at which point it will be out of sync. If I stop and play it again, fine the first time, but 2nd go it's off again.

Very, very frustrating. BTW, it does this with any patch, any arp pattern.

Thanks for any help. :?:

EDIT again I spoke too soon once again sorry. Bottom line is the Ti is still out of sync. Should I contact support at this point?

Also I should have added that rarely the Virus Control gui will say in a red window a message that there has been a sync error and to hit the stop button and play to resync. I've only seen this like 3 times but it seems when it does happen, things do sync up. How can I force this sync to happen? Does this error shed any further light on why I'm having these sync issues?

EDIT: Ok I spoke too soon. After putting in the PCI USB card, the Ti seemed to be in sync. It is indeed in sync when I tested it in an empty project. But when I added the Ti into a project I have going on at the moment, all the Arps are again out of sync. What is weird is they seem to be a bit more in sync then the onboard USB ports. I also upgraded back to OS4. Any ideas at all as to why this is happening? This new setup has me using a new soundcard and also my latency is a lot lower than my last setup. Thanks for any help!

Serena,

New machine is all new hardware, including the RME Fireface. Same exact DAW, Cubase 5 32bit. Yes keyboard and mouse are both USB. My wording was poor as I'm not using both the RME and Virus ASIO drivers at the same time. I don't even think that is possible. :)

I will give the PCI USB card a shot just to see if that makes a difference. Any other suggestions in the meantime feel free anyone!

-Viron

I have used ASIO4ALL in the past but would only like to use something like this as an extreme last resort. Using the ASIO driver designed by your card's manufacturer, in my case RME, is by far the ASIO driver you want to be using.

Also I should note that it seems to be ARPs in particular that go out of timing. If I srike a note, it plays as expected, on time, but ARPs start and then go wacky. Also I'm plugged into one of the onboard USB ports of the motherboard however I do have a PCI USB card that I had previously used on a different system and had the Ti plugged into it. Using a USB card with a Texas Instrument chipset was recommended when I first got the Virus Ti years ago. I could dig around and find this card I suppose but hope I don't have to.

Thanks for any ideas!

Hi Marc,

So after some consideration, I blew away Win7 and went back to 32bit XP. Much happier now however, the Virus Ti is STILL out of sync. I'm still using the latest OS4 beta. The only difference now is on my XP setup before, I was running the public release 3.x Ti OS.

Can I uninstall the OS4 and re-install using the latest public release? I'd like to at least try this to see if the sync problems go away. Thanks!

I'll add that I'm in the same boat. Win7 x64, Virus control very sluggish. You can notice it easiest by just looking at the meter under one of the channels. Hit a note and watch how slowly the meter fades back to 0. This was snappy and smooth in XP.

Hi all,

I moved my virus ti over from my old XP system where it worked fine, using OS 3.03, to my new Win7 x64 machine. In doing so, I figured I'd upgrade to the latest build of the beta OS4, using the 64 bit installer. Virus loads but will not stay in synch with my song's tempo. It just is way out of whack. I notice too the level meters on the TI plugin window under each of the 16 channels, the meters are very sluggish.

One question that comes to mind since I'm using the 32bit version of Cubase but on Win7 x64. Should I be using the 32bit TI installer and not the x64?

I'm wondering can I downgrade to the last non-beta release which I believe is something like 3.3x ? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Cubase now has what are called QUICK CONTROLLERS

if you set these up you can tweek anything in cubase from 8 external conts

even the virus

Woodster I can't thank you enough. This previously unknown feature to me is exactly what I was looking for and is far easier than setting up any templates. I can map any knob on my Virus to any knob on any VSTi within seconds using this method. Thanks again!!! :)

Getting further along, I can create a remote template from within Cubase to control whatever VSTi however, Cubase saves these as .xml files. I'd like to take these templates, name them appropriately, and store them in one of the 32 slots however these are all .vrt files. How can I get the remote template I've created in Cubase into one of the 32 slots available when the Ti is in Remote Mode?

Ok so read the actual manual and answered a lot of my own questions (I realize now i was only reading the reference guide sorry) and got the Ti controlling Vanguard and a few others. However in the Remote Templates folder, the templates are out of date. The manual says the follwing:

"Please check http://www.access-music.de for new templates - we will be adding to the public library regularly."

I went through every category of downloads offered and saw nothing in the way of templates. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

-Viron

Hi all,

I would like to know how to use my Virus Ti as a midi controller to control say Vanguard for example. I cannot find anything on this in the manual. I did some Googling and found some people talking about .vrt templates so I looked and found some in the Access Music folder in My Documents. I found a vanguard.vrt file but how do I use this? How can I create my own templates for other instruments? I'm using Cubase 5 and did find some videos about mapping knobs to VST knobs but this section in Cubase and the import function only accepts .xml files.

Any help or links to documentation or videos would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!