Beiträge von JulianMartine

Flabberbob,

Thank you for walking me through it. I tried to attach a screen shot but this forum only allows for an 80 kb image to be uploaded which is way too small and pixelated. I will try to recreate what I see in my USB system profiler:

USB Device Tree

USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus:
    -Virus TI

USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus:

USB Hi-Speed Bus:
    -Hub
    -USB2.0 Hub
    Babyface (23483150
    -USB2.0 Hub
    Impulse

Hub:
    -BRCM20701 Hub
    Bluetooth USB Host Controller

-USB Hi-Speed Bus
    -Hub
    FaceTime HD Camera (Built-In)

I tried to emulate it as best as I could. Let me know if you need any clarification. Thanks again!

-Lukas

I think now is the time to have a look in your system profiler and see how many internal USB hubs are there, and which devices are connected to them including the Virus. Can you list them here?

I'm sorry but I'm not really positive how to get to my system profiler on my Mac. I've searched my computer for a while now and no luck. Any way you could walk me through the steps? Sorry for the newbie questions. Thanks.

-Lukas

Update: I disconnected all usb devices other than my Virus and Midi controller. I also swapped out the USB cable that my Virus is using for the fourth time now. The audio does not cut out anymore and the Virus seems to be working fine except for one thing: It is as if the Virus only has 2-3 voices. When I play a chord it will only play 2 or 3 notes in the chord or it won't play the chord at all. This is the case when the Virus plays back Midi info from my DAW or when I am playing on my Midi keyboard myself. This is so confusing lol.

Edit: I am now receiving the error message: "A sync error has occurred. Please press stop and play to clear."
    -Lukas

When I am in stand alone mode the notes do not get stuck. It is only when I use the Virus in my DAW with TI. Not only do my notes get stuck, my virus stops playing at random, and now it has introduced this new god awful screeching sound that occurs seconds before the audio cuts out. Thanks.

-Lukas

Hi all,

I initially had issues with my Virus but eventually I got it to work and I was so pumped! Unfortunately I'm back with more problems. Lately, I have been using the Virus in Ableton Live 9 with the Virus Ti Plug in and I keep running into the same problem. After a few minutes of playing the Virus, it is as if a note gets "stuck" and will not stop until I completely close the VST. When I reopen the VST and try again I get no audio, but the Virus and the Plug in are receiving MIDI. Restarting Live does nothing as well. Only when I restart my computer and virus can I get audio. I'm running Mac OSX 10.8.3. Please help!!!! It is beginning to get very frustrating :cursing: . Thank you!!

-Lukas

The Ableton tutorial was not helpful. Atony B, I don't know how I would change my midi volume on my virus or what expression CC is, please tell me how. I'm getting very frustrated with this issue I don't understand why It won't just play audio when I have a midi cable going directly from the out of my midi keyboard to the in of my virus. Can someone shed some light onto my problem and a possible step by step solution? I'm not a whiz when it comes to issues like this, clearly as I am searching for help on this forum.

-Lukas

Ok we can't still conclude the Virus is faulty :(

Lets take the MIDI cable out of the equation. Just press the Audition button (near the soft knobs) and see if you get sound. BTW you press Shift + Search buttons in order to trigger the Audition.

If you get sound this way, then it's likely the Novation Impulse has to be correctly configured to transmit on the MIDI port connected to the Virus (it may be transmitting on USB or another MIDI port) and on the same MIDI Channel.

When auditioning without the MIDI cable connected I got audio! I guess this is a good sign that my Virus is functioning just fine. Still not sure about how to fix the MIDI issue between my novation impulse and my virus. Thank you everyone for all of your help I'm almost there!

-Lukas

Did you connect headphones/monitor (just checking)?
    Is local control enabled (config menu using LCD)?
    Does the audition button have any effect (in stand alone)?

I connected headphones and I got nothing. Local control is enabled. The audition button brings me to another screen but still no sound. I was able to get the demo song to work in stand alone mode so I'm assuming I'm having some sort of midi issue? Thanks for your help!

-Lukas

First thing to check is whether the Virus acts the same way in standalone - no USB connected. Connect the MIDI controller directly and play around for a while. If it cuts out or freezes in standalone it is probably defective. If not, you need to do some troubleshooting on your iMac.
    Looking forward to hearing how it turned out!

Thanks for the response! I get no audio when I play in stand alone mode. The only audio I receive is when I open up the Virus TI plug in inside on Ableton Live 9, but it only works for a few minutes and then cuts out. This is very frustrating I just want to play with my new Virus!

-Lukas

I just purchased a used Virus TI2 Desktop Today. I plugged it in and hooked up my midi keyboard and I was good to go. Everything was working flawlessly and then my audio from the Virus completely cut out. I unplugged my virus and plugged it back in. It began to work again but then the same exact issue happened. I unplugged it another time and tried again. It began to work but this time when the audio cut out it seemed like the Virus got stuck and continued looping the same sound over and over again. Please help I'm not sure how to fix this!

P.S. Im working on a brand new iMac with all operating systems up to date, Ableton Live 9, and a Novation Impulse Keyboard.

-Lukas