Beiträge von pitchkiller

Well, i've shipped my VirusTI to the service center, here's their email about it:

After having a look to your unit, we found out that the main board has a serious hardware problem. We already tried to find out which component is defective on this board – but after testing we came to the result, that there is more than on part defective. I can offer you a new main board......

So, definitely, they need to install a new mobo.
    How could this kind of problems happen????

Steve.

Hey Guys,
    tried 3 different ac adapters but my evil boy still doesn't come back to life. Sometimes it flashes, randomly and nonsense.
    I'm pretty sure it's a power supply circuit related (not the AC adaptor, actually), seems like it doesn't get a stable level.
    well, i'll contact Access' service center... :(

Steve.

Thanx guys,
    will try a new power supply, since every other try-outs have been done.

Please TiUser, don't speak that way or i'll get sad... i take care of my virus like a son :D

Will be back to you asap, after a new power supply test!

Steve.

Same problems here.

3 days ago i went to the studio, Virus TI was stuck on the "welcome" process (welcome > jittering > welcome > jittering > welcome > ect....)
    I tried reset it, holding arp edit button while plugging the ac adaptor in, nothing changed.
    I tried reinstalling the Virus OS from the virus control center, no changes.
    So i changed the moterboard battery with a new one, since the "welcome screen stuck" problem could be given by a dead battery.... no changes.
    So i tried downloading the latest beta release, installed it and then update the virus os... first update failed, second update was ok.
    At the moment, after the last update, Virus won't boot up at all (no welcome screen), sometimes the display randomly flashes, sometimes the white leds do the same, but it has died.

Just wrote to access support, any idea in the meanwhile?

Steve.

I'm experiencing unbelievable problems IN NEW PROJECTS ONLY!!!
    it's so crazy, if i launch cubase (5.1) and open one of my old projects everything's gonna be ok, virus is working flawlessy.
    If i open a new one (created a few days ago, with virus running perfectly) i only get sync errors and no audio.... i must quit cubase, reinstall virus drivers and then everything's gonna be ok... of course it's ok till i shout down my computer and turn it on again the day after, same problem as described above!!!
    No problem if i start a new project, though... i get problems only when i'm opening it the day after.
    So crazy, isn't it?

Here's what i wrote tu support in the past month about it:

I own a virusTI mk1, using it through virus control on cubase 5.1.
    It works flawlessy on some "old" projects but doesn't work on new ones... try to explain:
    virusTI is on and working > open cubase > new project > F11 > virus TI as a new instrument > new midi track controlling the Virus > writing some midi notes > everything's working perfectly.
    Save the project > close cubase > shutdown the pc and the virus > turn on the virus again > turn on the pc > open cubase and the same project > sync error and no audio from usb.
    I can see the parameters like cutoff, reso ect moving as i turn the knobs on the virus hardware panel, but no audio and sync errors all the time.
    Same problems with os 3.1 and 3.3 beta.
    Trying to close this project causes a cubase freeze... shutting down the virus causes cubase unfreezes and shut down correctly.
    Sometimes the new project fails to open (it freezes loading the mixer), since i turn off the virus (so i can see the project unfreezing and opening fast).
    Something's really weird: i've some "old" projects (same cubase version, same setup, same project options...) that doesn't fail to open and virus works flawlessy, moreover if i open one of this working projects then i close it, then i open the new one... IT WORKS!!!!
    Another try i've made: if the new project fails to open i close cubase, reinstall virus midi drivers, then it works without any problem. If i reboot the pc and open the new project again it works again, no problem. Then i reboot another time, open the project and... IT DOESN'T WORK!
    After many try-outs i think it's a driver related issue, no way to explain this problem on the cubase side (on the same sequencer and with the same project options... some project works and some other doesn't).
    Last details:
    my cubase5 is LEGIT, not crack or warez.
    I got this problems both with virusTI cablet do motherboard usb or dedicated pci usb card.
    Same problems with different soundcards (firewire or pci).
    WinXP on intel Q6600.

Support suggested me to try different usb ports, disconnect usb hardrives, ect... i tried almost every kind of trick, but the problem's still here.

Yesterday evening i menaged to install 3.3.4, hopefully it could solve the problems... but 3.3.4 installer IS a problem itself (it doesn't run as it should, look in the forum for related threads) so i'm still with 3.3.0 beta.

Not so sadisfacted about last virusTI updates at the end....

Stefano.

I manage to get to the screen that says "Status: Rolling back action" before it ends in error. I have tried taking all other USB devices out apart from my mouse, but no luck. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon.

Exactly the same for me.
    Since some months virusTI (mk1) have a really weird behaviour... it works in some old projects but it doesn't in new ones, it's not stable, ect...
    Looks like new updates solve some problems while putting other new ones in!
    Anyway, i'm look forward for this 3.3.4 installation problem solution.

WinXP 32 on Q6600, cubase5.1

Stefano.

I'm experiencing problems like this but IN NEW PROJECTS ONLY!!!
    it's so crazy, if i launch cubase (5.1) and open one of my old projects everything's gonna be ok, virus is working flawlessy.
    If i open a new one (created a few days ago, with virus running perfectly) i only get sync errors and no audio.... i must quit cubase, reinstall virus drivers and then everything's gonna be ok... of course it's ok till i shout down my computer and turn it on again the day after, same problem as described above!!!
    No problem if i start a new project, though... i get problems only when i'm opening it the day after.
    So crazy, isn't it?

Any ideas???

Stefano.