Beiträge von Lidge

What is it you're trying to do? Sound Diver will help you load and organise patches onto your Virus B, the only thing is Sound Diver was discontinued so long ago you will need an old operating system to be able to install and run it ...

I think the answer to your question is unfortunately you will need the OS on your Virus to match the software in your computer as it needs to be synced while used in total integration

It's possible that I could have chosen a poor part of the song to sample to demonstrate to you maybe, there's a clear difference to the two sounds as far as I can hear, one has much more of an "airey" feel to it while the other is very bell like. I'll try get a better sample of the sounds as they're used throughout the song, I'll also get a sample of just the riff only playing on nothing more than a raw saw tooth or something so you can hear melodically which parts I'm referring to if you think that might help... I've downloaded the Howard Scarr tutorial today so I'm sure I'll have some questions in relation to that soon enough haha

Hi all, I was hoping someone might be able to help me with this, basically I've just joined a band as producer/live loop & synth performer who already have material written. I wanna try remake some of the existing sounds so I can play them live on my Virus without needing to reform the existing sounds of the music..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…0Day%20NOTE%20SAMPLES.mp3

This is two different synth sounds playing the same very basic synth one following the other, I'm not sure if the first one is doable on the Virus, I've not really managed to get that kinda air sound out of it before, the second will probably be easier as that sounds mostly like it has a bell character.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…DC_DIP%20DNB%20SAMPLE.mp3

The sound I want to remake in this is the sound that opens out of that guitar strum sound, I don't want to remake the guitar just the rising sound, one of the guys mentioned he was taking inspiration from a sound Linkin Park used in one of their tracks...

The guys said they used some vst for these sounds, they're not sure which one it was and unfortunately the hard drives which they put the demos together on have blown... If anyone can offer any advise on how's best to go about remaking these sound that would be very much appreciated!

Flabberbob, firstly, thankyou for these sound design tips, I couldn't believe how simple it was to make some sounds with these simple steps. I'd like to take the experimenting further with other modulation methods though so could you confirm the following for me please?

The ENV>OSC2 knob, is this the same as routing the filter envelope to pitch of oscillator 2?
    The ENV>FM knob, this is the same as routing the filter envelope to FM AMT isn't it?

I'd like to see what results I'd get for a Dubstep approach if I was to route these via an LFO instead!

I made a typing error, I meant the filters envelope, although a filter can still be used as a modulation source in something like frequency modulation for example.

When I say part I mean one of the 16 sounds your Virus TI offers, obviously a Virus Snow only offers 4. So as I understand, a filter will filter each individual note, that's how you get different characters with keyboard follow and slow moving envelopes. As anything that is "per part" will affect the entire instrument sound at once.

So basically the filter bank is not a per note effect, therefore you cannot modulate it directly with a per note modulation source.

Hello all, I've done some Googling, and searching of this forum, plus I've looked through the manual but I haven't seen anything I feel answers my question, I'm probably using the wrong key search words so please be gentle if this has already been discussed before.

I shall start with explaining what I would like to do. I am using a Virus TI Polar with Ableton Live and an APC40 for live performance with my industrial metal band. I've figured a pretty efficient way of using the Virus to play the synth lines and to even use it to control non Virus software synths. I would like to add an additional MIDI keyboard though so that I can either play more than one synth line at a time or very very quickly change between sounds moving from one keyboard to the other. usually I would attach this keyboard by USB but my Macbook pro only has 2 ports, which the Virus and APC40 will consume and I don't really want to look into splitting the USB ports. So what it is I am trying to do is take a MIDI cable from this keyboard, and plug it into the Virus's MIDI in port, incidentally I am also using the Virus as an audio interface in an attempt to cut down on the amount of gear I gig with.

So my issue is that when you use the Virus TI in USB mode, with Virus Control the MIDI ports seem to disable, is there anyway I can re enable the Viruses MIDI in ports so that they can send control information to my DAW? I hope I've worded my question so that it's easy enough to understand, and I hope someone can help me!

Many thanks

This got me for ages when I first got my VI2 a couple of years ago, I eventually worked it out though.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.…ESkNGzdk7vwGIWS6hi9cfNQLQ

Check out that picture, you need to make sure you have multi-timbral ticked.You can then change the outputs in the config menu of the Virus I think it is? If you want to send audio through output 3-4 or 5-6 any of the aux channels will accept them as an input. Hope that helps!