Beiträge von Lidge

Also keep in mind you won't be able to use some of the nice, latest Patches/Presets for the Virus that require the TI.

I use a lot of commercial presets, so that would be a big limitation for me.

Yep, the Virus B wont have the Hyper Saw oscillator, nor the various forms of the waveform oscillators. The TI has more options in regards to effects, including EQ(which only became available in the Virus C), analogue emulated filtering (virus C onwards also) and various others. Like I said previously, the Virus B is a pretty decent synth in it's own right, especially for the price you can get them for, but the TI has loads more features and you will be limited on what up to date Virus patches will translate well onto your Virus B. You can still load new patches into a Virus B but they may well sound different..

Hi there

The Virus B doesn't have a VST which you can use to integrate it with. It's one of the earlyish hardware VAs so you'll only be able to control it via MIDI cables. There is a very old application called SoundDiver which you can use to control it but you'd still have to use MIDI cables and it is very old, you'll need something as old as Windows XP to run it.

To get sound from the Virus B into your DAW you will need to take audio cabled from the Virus B's out into your DAWs recording interface.

I've still got my Virus B and I really enjoyed using it but I've got to admit I've not used it since I bought my TI ...

I didn't suggest I gotten a Virus for free, I also paid a lot of money for mine. Although I did point out that the upgrade is free, not many other synthesiser manufacturers would hand out so many free software upgrades.

It very often works great for me, and when I do come across issues they're mainly down to my computer system. Have you tried your Virus stand alone? Do you still get the same issues? You're still using the same OS. OS 4.5 is a very stable OS and any issues you're experiencing now I doubt will be resolved with an OS upgrade. I suggest you contact Access support about any issues you're experiencing, they're very helpful.

I just googled Mac OS 10.5 and it tells that was Leopard, I've heard a lot of negativity about Lion and even though I've recently upgraded to Lion and I'm not having many issues myself personally I know I had to part with £130 to upgrade Logic from 8 to 9 so it would work. I was a bit upset that that latest Mac OS didn't support Logic 8 as I bought that with my Mac 3 years ago..

So even though I'm happy using Lion, I think there's a few that would still prefer to use Snow Leopard..

you can use multiple Tis on one computer. each virus ti can be controlled by a dedicated instance of virus control.
    marc

Would there be any easy way of telling which instance of VC is controlling which TI? Will there be two access menus in the VST/AU menus? Will the VC's have slightly different names in our Daw? This is a general question which has had me pondering for some time, especially as I've started to use my Virus live more and more and with my Virus still being my go to synth for a lot of sounds, I can see myself buying more virus TI's in the future when finances allow. Sorry to overwhelm you with a list of questions. I'd really love to see this in action!

I suggest you guys talk to Access Support, I get next to no issues what so ever when using my Virus in Logic, and when I do they're 'caused by settings in Logic or the fact my Protools hardware doesn't like OS Lion. I think OS 4.5 is amazing and although I can't wait to get stuck into the new features announced to be part of OS 5 there's plenty more for me to learn about sound designing on the Virus with what I have already.

I had no issues getting it off Access Support about a year ago, only thing was they at first said no cause I'd need an old OS, once I told them I have a spare PC still running Windows XP they handed it over though, try emailing them and explain your situations.