Beiträge von Lidge

Very sneaky Access, you put quite a few vintage oscillators in the wavetables, being new to the Virus, Iv'e been looking at the waveforms in the wavetables and Octavius is a MiniMoog Sawtooth in 6 separate octaves. I'll be posting a complete guide to the wavetables soon.

I'll be looking forward to that! Still need to experiment more with the wavetables!

You could try Sound Diver which used to come with the early Virus models until the Indigo I believe, I may be wrong there. Either way it's a third party application which will allow you some control over your Virus B via the midi ports, I've given it a go on my Virus B and it aint that bad. The only set back with it though is that it wont run on modern Computer Operating systems (It was discontinued some time ago) I got it working on Windows XP, I don't know which Mac OS it supports. Try emailing Access customer support if you're willing to use an old version of Mac OS or Windows they should be able to hook you up with a Virus copy of it.

Hey all

My name's Liam, he who is Liam like. I'm a 26 year old male that resides in the midlands of the UK. I bought an Access Virus B from a mate of a mate not long ago for the love of wanting the get richer sounds for my productions. As much as I like what he's done with the synth, as he's changed some of the sounds as he told me I'd like to learn how to gain more control over how my virus sounds. How does one go about loading new patches into it, also where's best to look up sounds, and is there any way of backing up what I already have on it just to avoid losing something I like forever?

Although I like to think there's little limits to my taste in music I'm really getting into psytrance lately and would like sounds more geared towards that, I'm also considering using the virus to try create kicks as I heard it's very good for that!

I do apologise if there's already plenty of information about this on these forums and site already, I assure you I have attempted to search already but have failed to find anything without overly frustrating my serious lack of patience! lol

I thank you for any help and/or advise you can give me :)

Lidge