Beiträge von jyoung

Today I had to reinstall the TI software because I had to move my TI Polar to a different USB port. I'm running Windows 10 x64 and I had no problems installing the software. I turned off the TI, made sure to uninstall to uninstall the TI software (from control panel), plugged in the TI into the USB port and turned on the TI. I then ran the software install. It prompted me to make sure the TI was plugged in and turned on, which it was, and then copied some files. After that the installation program had me reboot the DAW. Upon rebooting it did the firmware upgrade step and finished.

I just noticed that upgrade to 5.0.3 slipped by my earlier this year and I'm still running 5.0.2.01 on my TI Polar.

Is there any benefit to upgrading to 5.0.3? The change log only mentions a change for the Snow. I had so many problems getting 5.0.2.01 to load that I'm cautious about applying the upgrade.

Since installing OS 4 on my TI Polar and Win7 x64 machine, I can no longer put my computer to sleep and have the Virus TI MIDI driver come back to life after waking from sleep.

After waking from sleep and loading my Cubase 5 project the Virus TI control reports that the Virus TI MIDI driver is not responding and to reboot or reload the driver. This was never an issue with OS 3.x.

I have to completely reboot my system in order to remedy the problem with the MIDI driver.

My hats off to Access! Flawless installation and some great new functionality. I'm just starting to fiddle around with the Arp->Matrix - all I can say is WOW!

Windows 7 x64, Cubase 5.x (32bit)

I contacted Access support and they recommended that I unplug every other USB device except for the TI, which I did. I then rebooted my system and Ti and ran the install. I still go the warning from the notification area of the Taskbar about a driver failing to install but the install continued successfully without rolling back.

I'm now running 3.3.4 on Windows 7 x64

Installing 3.3.4, I had the exact same results as h4nc0.
    A failed installation, unable to uninstall the existing 3.3.0 drivers and my TI Polar converted into an elegant, binking, but usless keyboard.
    I tried a repair install of 3.3.0, but even that did no remedy my situation.
    All hail system restore! It brought my system back to it's previous functional state before I tried installing 3.3.4.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 using the TI Polar (3.3.0) and it works great!
    The VST interface is a bit slow but not as bad as some have described (at least not for me).
    I'm not using the TI as an audio interface, for that I'm using a Steinberg MR816 CSX.
    Anyway, I'm experiencing far fewer problems with Cubase 5 with Windows 7 than I did with XP Pro. I would never go back to using XP.