Beiträge von sealion

I have a virus b thread, Turns out windows 10 stripped out the option to send teh windows media player .mid file out of teh machine. Get cool software's midi mapper. Run it first with your nmidi out setup selected then play the firmware using teh media player. Tip for windows users.

For any others having issues getting the virus to receive the firmware update In Windows 10/11 Pro 64 bit. Apparently by Windows 10 all ability to redirect midi from the windows player out to external midi ports was removed. So find cool software's Midi Mapper. Reboot your windows In my case Windows 10 64 bit Pro. Once midi mapper shows your correct installed midi interface, then start windows media player and it will direct the chunks files (select all of the chunks for your version S or T machine to play) and the virus will begin counting the packages as it receives them. Don't do any thing until it is finished and follow the screen instructions on your virus. In Global on the virus I set it to channel 1, , clockRX auto, device ID Omni, Lo Page to sysex and hi page to sysex, memory protect warn. I only had midi in connected. Side note: old akai samplers needed a two way handshake (midi in & out). This does not. 1 cable fine.

I had to reboot a few times which is hold down store and off/on power. Keep holding it down and it will go to the receive screen and hit store to wait to receive. It will begin to count packets if all is well.

The issue is windows code, not the Virus. Midi mapper replaces the code window's stripped out. I wasted three days trying midi-ox and various software and daws. Windows media player worked fine in chunks. I am now os 4.5.8 T version. Not sure where .59 is. Oh and test your old reliable midi cables. I had some intermittent failures complicating things. Replaced. I did not use any fancy new interface just an old midiman 2x2 with the usb plugged into a motherboard usb (more power) not the front panel sockets.

Lovely synth. changed battery. Need to source 1 knob for a bent one that still functions. Now its T 4.07 so top upgrade I need to install each available upgrade in sequence, yes? No going to the latest. Correct? Windows 64 Pro does not like to send .mid to it. Ableton (used since 1.0...to 11 suite) is useless on sysex. It seems to be a German coder thing (Waldorf and Access) that firmware is a .mid file, not a sysex file, which is presenting issues sending. Right now I am trying Spectre to update chunks. Later I will move to a 486 machine as this stays on "waiting for data". Cables good and interface good, tried various other things (Reaper/Cakewalk/Midi-ox). Is this the sequence on the virus: midi channel 1, Hi and Lo at sysex. (anything else?) reboot holding Store till it shows Receive [Store], then press store again. Goes to "Receiving Update Waiting for data". Nothing after that. I was hoping it would start counting packages. Do I set active sensing? Oh and LFO 1 & 2 leds stay on.

Also should I change old Midi ICs to more recent ones. Sometimes that helps with older machines.